Maryland County Gives Nod to 3 Road Projects Worth $3.7B
- How to improve America's highways. Roth, G. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Feb1991, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p11
Examines how America's highway system is beset with major problems, including increased congestion and deterioration, strength and weaknesses of Highway Trust Fund; Possibilities for improvement; Private provision of highways.
- Bridge over rising water. Pierce, Julia // Engineer (00137758);9/12/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7635, p10
Reports on the launch of the world's first floating road in the Netherlands. Ability of the road to adapt to flooding by rising and falling with the tide; Road design; Efforts to solve the country's transport problems.
- Highway happenings. // Overdrive;Jan96, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p106
Presents news briefs on highway happenings. Details on installation of electronic commercial vehicle clearance system; Information on opening of inspection site near John F. Kennedy Memorial toll plaza; Description of services available to users of New York Thruway; More.
- Concrete saws carve the way for electronic expressway. Wohlman, Katie // Roads & Bridges;Jul96, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p55
Focuses on a highway construction project in Toronto, Canada. Cost of construction; Phase by phase development of the project; Special equipment used.
- Extension of 96th Street paves way for development. Newman, Jeff // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/3/95 Commercial Real Estate Supp, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p8C
Reports on the expansion of the East 96th Street in Indianapolis, Indiana. Benefit to motorists; Opportunities for real estate companies; Funding.
- Driving to perfection. Vivian, John // Mother Earth News;Aug/Sep92, Issue 133, p64
Discusses how you can plan and build your own country drive for your home. Learning from the past; All roads lead to Rome; Modern-day drives; Time to start planning; Watch out for traffic; The driveability factor; The ins and outs of it; The beauty of curves; Paving a clear way; Installation...
- Hurricane destroys Gulf Islands road. O'Connel, Kim A. // National Parks;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 70 Issue 3/4, p19
Reports on the National Parks and Conservation Association's (NPCA) recommendation to reroute Highway 399 in Gulf Breeze, Florida to better fit with the dynamic system of the Santa Rosa Island. Road's interruption of the natural development of secondary dunes; Environmental benefits from moving...
- Database. // U.S. News & World Report;4/27/92, Vol. 112 Issue 16, p13
Presents statistics on highways and traveler information. Miles of Route 66 in 1926; Miles of road in the interstate system; Persons per day who traveled Route 66 from Chicago to Los Angeles in 1950; Number of episodes of the 1960-1964 television series `Route 66' actually filmed along the road;...
- Ceremony officially opens highway in Eustace. // Malakoff News (TX);5/16/2008, Vol. 99 Issue 20, p3A
The article reports on the opening of a highway in Malakoff, Texas.
- Thories abound about noisy roads maintenance. Jamail, Darryl // Free Press (Buda, TX);4/18/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p4A
The article attempts to explain the reasons behind the noise and the worn out look of the FM 2770 road in Texas.