Rulings Keep Florida Water Sale, and Bonds, on Track
- Texas town leading pack on water supply dilemma. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/12/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30207, p26
Reports on the issuance of $31 million worth of bonds by the city of Victoria, Texas that assures residents of long-term water supply until at least the year 2050. MBIA Insurance Corp.'s insurance on the bond issue; Restructuring and modernization of the city's revenue bond ordinance;...
- Florida water authority looking to launch bond program. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;10/06/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30245, p31
Reports that Florida's West Coast Regional Water Authority has started searching for underwriters to begin a bond program aimed to confront water shortage in Tampa. Role of bonds in the authority's overhaul of its dealings with local governments and its financing of projects; Reasons of the...
- Harris County, Tex., readies $1 billion water-supply plan. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;09/17/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30728, p32
Reports on Harris County, Texas' official's plan to build a $1 billion, bond-finance, water distribution system to serve unincorporated areas of the country. Long-term plan to sell the debt through the North Harris County Regional Water Authority; Use of the revenues generated by the users of...
- Turkey. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/20/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 47, p20
Presents brief news surrounding in Turkey. Bond issues in the country; Prequalification bids for the Istanbul water supply.
- San Antonio fund to ease debt service. Kuiper, Mark T. // Bond Buyer;10/16/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30253, p34
Reports that the city of San Antonio, Texas is liquidating cash in the reserve fund provided for in a $106.4 million water system refunding issue sold on October 15, 1997 in order to refund additional debt.
- Indianapolis Approves Sale for Water System. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31348, p29
Reports approval from the Indianapolis County Council for the sale of revenue bonds in Indiana. Importance of the proceeds for the completion of the purchase of the local water systems; Need for final regulatory approval.
- California Voters to Face $3.4B in Water GOs. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p27
Reports the approval of a general obligation bonds by California voters to fund a variety of water projects. Amount of the bond; Provision of grants and loans to local agencies; Costs of state per year in debt service.
- San Diego Water Sale to Pave Way for Transformation. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31966, p30
This article reports that the San Diego County Water Authority (SDCWA)--in the midst of what its finance director describes as a transformation--will sell $425 million in revenue bonds Tuesday as it embarks on a $3.1 billion capital program. The SDCWA is in the midst of an evolution that will...
- Prices Slide 1/4 to 3/8 of a Point Amid Treasury Losses, New Supply. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31242, p2
Reports on the decline of bond prices. Factors affecting the decrease of bond prices. Circulation of 400 million dollar worth of bid lists; Percentage of revenue bonds traded by New York City Municipal Water Finance Authority water and sewer system.