- Ventura Wrestles With Minnesota Legislators in Budget Battle. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/13/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31448, p3
Reports the budget deficits in Minnesota. Failure of the state to adopt a budget repair bill; Division between the Democrat-controlled Senate and a Republican-controlled House; Concerns of the lawmaker for reelection.
- Battles royal. Russell, Vivienne // Public Finance;11/20/2009, p4
The article discusses the author's views about the aspiration of the British government to reduce deficit by 2014 and balance the books by a target date of 2018 as contained in a Fiscal Responsibility Bill in Great Britain.
- Arizona Creates Housing Department, Finance Agency. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;04/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31113, p6
Reports on Arizona Governor Jane Dee Hull's signing of a legislation to create both a state housing department and the Arizona Housing Finance Authority. State's plan to issue tax-exempt single-family and multifamily housing bonds to finance mortgages and projects in rural areas; Housing...
- The Briefs. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/20/2002, Issue 323023, p4
Reports developments in California as of December 2002. Presentation of the Conrad Hilton Distinguished Entrepreneur Award to businessman Clete Harper and Terry Hill; Combination of foods for cholesterol reduction; Formulation of legislation addressing the budget crisis.
- State fiscal crisis buried key brownfield measure. Lieber, Tammy // Indianapolis Business Journal;3/31/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p10A
Reports that companies and investors are wary about redeveloping Indiana's brownfield sites. Concerns about lingering liability; Effect of the state's budget deficit; Senate bills which aim to make it more feasible to clean up and reuse brownfield sites. INSET: Brownfields corp wilts..
- Putting jobs first makes economic and common sense. Stewart, Jack; Zaremberg, Allan; Johanson, Larry // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/15/2003, Issue 323126, p23
Focuses on the budget deficit faced by California as of August 15, 2003. Estimated amount of budget deficit faced by California; Status of bills on fees and taxes on California's business; Status of bills on re in California; Opinion of authors of regarding ways to improve economic condition of...
- Unfinished Business. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/4/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31400, p31
Reports on the legislative sessions in Utah. Signing of a budget bill; Creation of action plans to meet budget deficits; Approval of the Industrial of the Industrial Electric Infrastructure Act.
- The Clean-Election State. PHANEUF, KEITH M. // American Prospect;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p54
The article discusses the state of Connecticut's accomplishments for 2011. Connecticut was reportedly able to close its deficit a month early and was able to pass several bills including an in-state tuition for illegal immigrants, a transgender-rights bill and a paid sick-leave mandate. The...
- State Legislative Agendas to Be Shaped By Budget Woes. Thompson, Robert W. // HR Magazine;Feb2003, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p29
Discusses the impact of budget deficits on state legislative agendas in the U.S. for 2003. Priorities of legislators; Issues in the paid family leave in California; Concerns on health care costs.