Clock Ticking as Arizona Board Seeks Funding to Repair Schools
- Building Maintenance Budget. // EPM Weekly Bulletin;3/25/2002, Issue 84, p60
Focuses on the allocation of funds for education and library boards in Great Britain. Maintenance of the school property; Presentation of allotted budget; Importance of education funds.
- Financing New School Construction and Modernization: Evidence from California. Brunner, Eric J.; Rueben, Kim // National Tax Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p527
Examines the level and distribution of school facilities spending in California. Impact of Proposition 13 on the spending level; Disparity in the distribution of revenue for the facilities; Differences in enrollment growth.
- News in brief. // Education Week;8/7/96, Vol. 15 Issue 41, p26
Presents education-related news items in the United States. Amount budgeted for school repairs in Arizona; Amount allocated to help the poorest schools build or repair facilities; Rank of Virginia among states with substandard school facilities.
- Facilities and funding issues making news. // American School & University;Sep97, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p3
Presents a news briefs concerning school facilities and finance in the United States, as of September 1997. Special legislative session in Florida to curb escalating school overcrowding problems; Creation of a state planning commission in Nevada to evaluate school facilities and appropriate...
- Congress a Lame Duck. // ConnSENSE Bulletin;Oct2006, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p6
The article reports various recent activities in the U.S. Congress in the "lame duck" session, which refers to a post-election Congressional session where some of the participating members of Congress may not return the following year. It has been reported that legislation funding education...
- Land Tax for Schools Gains Support in N.H. Legislature. // Education Week;1/26/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 18, p2
The article reports that a special committee of the New Hampshire legislature has approved the creation of a new land tax to support local education in the state. According to state representative Douglas Scamman, who is a member of the special committee, the land-value tax will be needed to...
- School Finances Still in Court. // State Legislatures;Mar2005, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the education finance litigation facing state legislatures in the U.S. according to the "Quality Counts 2005 Report" of the periodical "Education Week." Changes in school finance litigation; Difficulties of the studies conducted by states to determine adequate education costs in...
- Tuition Tax Credits Boost Choices. Cunningham, Josh // State Legislatures;May2013, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p9
The article discusses the debate among U.S. state legislatures over tuition tax credits as of 2013. Proponents of tuition tax credits believe that they can help improve student achievement in all schools and can also save states money by moving students from public to private schools. Opponents...
- Washington School Fight Takes a Twist. // Skanner (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR Combined Edition);8/6/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 44, p1
The article reports on a lawsuit over the school funding plan of the Washington State Legislature and the 2018 deadline for basic education funding required by the state Supreme Court. Issues discussed are the Amicus Curiae brief filed by children's rights advocates asking the state to cease...