- Moody's to Open Chicago Public Finance Office. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p27
Announces the opening of a public finance office by Moody's Investors Service to expand public finance group in Chicago, Illinois.
- Moody's Downgrades N. Carolina. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p1
Reports the continuing budget problems downgraded by Moody's Investors Service in North Carolina. Rejection of the budget plan by the Senate from the compromise bill; Emphasis on adverse economic and fiscal events related expenses during calamities; Restoration of structural balance through key...
- Allegheny County, Pa., debt receives ratings downgrade to A3 by Moody's. Demenchuk, Michael // Bond Buyer;01/14/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30310, p30
Reports that Moody's Investors Service has downgraded the $593.3 million outstanding debt of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania on January 13, 1998 to A3 from A1 due to concerns about its ability to balance its budget. Removal of the county from Moody's Watchlist; Negative assessment of the...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31353, p2
Reports developments on public finance in the U.S. as of March 2002. Increase of orders for durable goods; Surge of the consumer confidence index; Upgrade on the Texas Southern University debt rating by the Moody's Investor Service.
- Late payment earns N.J. town a warning. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;05/26/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30649, p5
Reports on Moody's Investor Service Inc.'s placement of South River Borough, New Jersey, in its watch list after the town was placed on technical default over its failure to issue coupon payments to an investor on time.
- Waltham, Mass., Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;03/07/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31091, p2
Informs that Moody's Investors Service upgraded Waltham, Massachusetts' outstanding bonded debt. Rating on the area's general obligation bonds.
- Bryan, Tex., Debt Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;04/06/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31113, p2
Reports on the upgrading of Bryan, Texas' outstanding general obligation debt by Moody's Investors Service.
- Orange Co. upgraded by Moody's. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;09/23/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30732, p1
Reports on Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s upgrading of Orange County, California's bonds, five years after the country's credit rating declined due to its bankruptcy. Management trend in fiscal prudence which helped the county achieve rating upgrades; Ratings of the county's pension...
- War Worries Cast Shadow Over Florida Convention Center Sale. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31607, p1
In Osceola County, Florida., officials are concerned about how the war in Iraq could impact the county's planned sale of $325 million of tax-exempt revenue bonds to build a convention center and associated 800-room hotel. The new convention center and hotel project in Osceola, for which bonds...