- Lewisham signs 70 million pounds e-government deal. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;10/5/2001, p15
Reports the technology contract between the London Borough of Lewisham and information technology companies ICL and KPMG in England. Efforts of the borough to improve electronic-government programs; Cost of the strategic partnership.
- IT scheme dubbed "shoddy" // Public Private Finance;Feb2003, Issue 70, p6
Reports on Conservative Member of the Parliament (MP) Edward Leigh's criticism against the efficacy of privately financed information technology (IT) projects in Great Britain. Total private finance initiative (PFI) deal of the Lord Chancellor's Department; National Audit Office's publication...
- Bosses' e-mails reveal Co-op's distrust of ICL. Goodwin, Bill // Computer Weekly;3/27/2003, p3
Discloses the conflict of the Co-operative Group (CG) with ICL over an information technology contract. Presentation of evidence on the distrust of CG managers for ICL during court hearings; Consequences of the use of electronic mail messages for confidential matters.
- ICL looks back in languor. Jebb, Fiona // Management Today;Jul96, p60
Reports on the troubles of ICL in completing its goals which its directors set long ago. Problems encountered by Sir Peter Bonfield with ICL; Reasons for the company's losses in 1995; Suggestions that may have avoided lossess; Future plans for the company; Future expectations for the company's...
- Co-op Group v ICL: Loyalty scheme pays 'Dividend' for Supplier. Atkins, Ruth // International Journal of Law & Information Technology;Summer2004, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p157
The ruling of the High Court in Co-op Group v ICL confirms some basic principles of contract law within a computer system context, demonstrating the application of the law to computer technology and further strengthening the body of case law in this field. This article focuses upon two areas...
- Multiuser micros for networking. // Accountancy;Jun86, Vol. 97 Issue 1114, p167
Features the DRS 300 range of multi-user microcomputers from ICL. Networking systems; Intel 80286 processor.
- ICL outlines plans to migrate mainframes to Intel platforms. Condon, Ron // InfoWorld;7/15/96, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p46
Reports that ICL PLC plans to take its mainframe customers to an all-Intel environment by the year 2000 with a migration strategy beginning in 1997. Due date for Intel's Merced series of processors; Features of the migration strategy; Termination of agreement between ICL and Pyramid Corp.
- Fujitsu's ICL adds to e-business in Europe. // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p32
Informs on the electronic business expansion initiative in Europe of ICL, a Great Britain-based wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu Corp.
- PeerLogic brings ICL ORB to the U.S. Gardner, Dana // InfoWorld;08/24/98, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p16
Reports that ICL PLC has licensed its DAIS CORBA-compliant object request broker (ORB) to PeerLogic Inc. Agreement for ICl to continue to support its customers and resell the middleware technology; Independent software vendors selling mission-critical CORBA infrastructure systems.