- Social Policy and Eastern Enlargement of the EU: Labour Market Impacts for the Accession Countries. Belke, Ansgar; Hebler, Martin // Journal for Institutional Innovation, Development & Transition;May2001, Vol. 5, p48
Discusses social policy and eastern enlargement of European Union (EU) and its impact on labor markets. Impact of the adoption of EU social policy by Central and Eastern European countries (CEEC) on employment; Adoption of labor market institutions by EU; Effects of the reduction of trade...
- Social Policy and the Implementation of the Maastricht Fiscal Convergence Criteria: The Italian and French Attempts at Welfare and Pension Reforms. Pitruzzello, Salvatore // Social Research;Winter97, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p1589
Discusses European societies' efforts to restructure their social programs to achieve the deficit and debt reductions required by the Maastricht fiscal convergence criteria. Fiscal problems confronted by European polities; Limitations of political economy models; Italian and French polities in...
- European Union progress report. // Women's International Network News;Summer97, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p59
Presents an excerpt of the report `Implementation of the Medium-Term Social Action Program, 1995-1997,' of the European Commission. Social policy as a factor facilitating change and progress; Factors affecting the program's implementation.
- More EU firms opt for blended route. // IT Training;Mar2003, p6
Cites a survey by Bizmedia which shows a decline in the electronic learning in European Union countries. Dominance of classroom learning in the European countries; Development of electronic learning in Great Britain; Plans of several Great Britain firms related to electronic learning.
- Funding for training in Cornwall. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;10/7/2013, Issue 88, p6
The article informs that funding package of 13 million euros by the European Union, European Social Fund (ESF) Convergence for the 'Skills Support for the Workforce' (SSW) initiative has been approved to provide tailored training to employees at workplaces across Cornwall, Great Britain.
- EU WATCH. McCoshan, Andrew // Training Journal;Aug2008, p13
The article examines the European Centre for the development of Vocational Training (Cedefop) figures highlighting the importance of low-skilled jobs to Europe's developing knowledge economies mean for qualifications. It states that due to the growth in basic elementay jobs, low-skilled jobs...
- Europe on the Way to a Social Union? Kellermann, Christian; Stuchlik, Abdrej // Social Europe: The Journal of the European Left;Winter2009, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p37
The article focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of the European Commission's Renewed Social Agenda which outlines a framework for the European social policy. The social policy will benefit the disadvantaged society in European Union member states and is a potential growth factor for...
- Social Aspects of the Economic Crisis - Threats to and Opportunities for the European Union and for the Republic of Macedonia. Pejkovski, Jovan // Papers from the 4th Annual International Conference in European ;2009, p268
The global economy is in the throes of the strongest recession in history. This process is having direct negative impacts on the economic and social aspects of living standards. The EU and its candidate countries have their current policies oriented towards social security and the social...
- The fur is flying. Avram, Joshua // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/20/97, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p17
Discusses the status of the fur industry in Canada in January 1997. Speculations about the growing popularity of fur; Statistics on the sale of fur in 1995 Canada; The crackdown on inhumane trapping standards from the European Union (EU) on the leading fur-producing nations, such as Canada; The...