- ACTU test case underway to achieve parental leave for casuals. Richards, Debbie // Australian Nursing Journal;May2001, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p17
Reports on the effort of the Australian Council of Trade Unions in urging the Australian Industrial Relations Commission to convert unpaid parental leave for casual employees into awards. Percentage increase of casual employees in the country; Increase of casual employees at some sectors.
- The Casual Laborer and Other Essays (Book). Merz, Charles // New Republic;5/26/20, Vol. 22 Issue 286, p424
Reviews the book "The Casual Laborer and Other Essays," by Carleton H. Parker.
- Contractul individual de muncÄƒ al zilierilor. ŞTEFĂNESCU, Ion Traian // Revista RomÃ¢na de Dreptul Muncii;2014, Issue 4, p15
The present paper analyzes the juridical relation between the day laborer and the beneficiary according to Law no. 52/2011 concerning the execution of certain activities with casual nature held by the day laborers. Before the second change brought to the Law, through Law no. 18/2014, there were...
- Fears raised over definitions. // Resourcing;Nov2008, Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the warning made by an employment lawyer on the need for resourcing professionals to establish a clear definition and difference between casual workers and employees in Great Britain. Julian Yew asserts that determining the two definitions could avoid firms from being...
- Significant Decisions In Labor Cases. // Monthly Labor Review;Aug77, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p46
Discusses significant decisions in U.S. labor cases in 1977. Agency shop in government agencies; U.S. National Labor Relations Board's ruling about employees' protection from misleading campaign propaganda during union representation elections; 'Bona fide' seniority and racial bias.
- Woman alleges former employer didn't accommodate her disability. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;08/17/98, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p14
Presents legal news briefs in Nevada for the week ending August 17, 1998. Includes Lisa Sherman vs FHP International Corp. and Pacificare Health Systems case in the US District Court; Keith Laly vs The University of Nevada, Ashok Iyer case in Clark County District Court.
- Decisions... // Labor Law Journal;May69, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p321
Presents news on developments and decisions in the area of U.S. industrial arbitration, as of May 1969. Absence of sex discrimination in refusal to process a bid in 'Bureau of Prisons and American Federal of Government Employees'; Flash floods' waiver of reporting pay obligations in 'Elastic...
- Significant Decisions in Labor Cases. // Monthly Labor Review;Dec67, Vol. 90 Issue 12, p49
Details decisions in various labor cases in the United States as of December 1967. Strikes by public employees in New York State; Labor relations; Civil rights action; Labor cases accepted for review by the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Significant Decisions in Labor Cases. // Monthly Labor Review;May73, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p54
Presents the U.S. Supreme Court and National Labor Relations Board's decisions in several labor cases. Employer's refusal to bargain with a union that practiced racial discrimination in membership; J.P. Stevens and Co.'s violations of National Labor Relations Act by discriminatorily reducing...