- Race survey ordered. // Accountancy;Aug1987, Vol. 100 Issue 1128, p47
Reports on the decision of the Employment Appeal Tribunal of Great Britain in the legal case 'West Midlands Passenger Transport Executive vs. Singh,' upholding a finding of race discrimination by an industrial tribunal. Requirement for a survey on a code practice issued under the Race Relations...
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Apr2013, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p3
The article offers legal news briefs on topic including the legal risks of a commission-only pay system, the termination of an African American nurse for stealing a medicine, the complaint of a worker against a New York port authority for violated safety whistle-blower law.
- Race discrimination. // Employers Law;Oct2003, p16
Discusses the laws on race discrimination in Great Britain. Amendments to the Race Relations Act 1976; Occupational qualifications of the amendments; Definition of harassment under the legislation.
- Obligation to employees continues after termination of employment. Sawicki, Sara // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2003, p12
Provides information on three court appeals in Great Britain on the liability of employers for post-employment discrimination and victimization. Question raised in the appeals; Act considered as racial victimization; Ruling in the complaint of race discrimination relating to non-compliance.
- Boring job? That's no basis for a bias lawsuit. // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Feb2013, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p3
The article focuses on employee who became dissatisfied on her work and filed a suit alleging race discrimination and retaliation for her earlier complaints, but the court threw out her case stating that failure to provide significant work was not an adverse employment action.
- Case of the week Employment. // Lawyer;4/23/2012, p15
The article focuses on the British court case Iteshi v General Council of the Bar, which dealt with a claim of employment discrimination based on race. Topics include the British Race Relations Act of 1976, the requirements of barristers in Great Britain, and the authority of the British Bar...
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: New York Employment Law;Nov2012, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p3
The article offers legal news briefs as of November 2012 such as the cases on monitoring of behavior and performance of employee, and racial discrimination among employees.
- On the other hand, assume your layoff will result in lawsuits from former employees. // HR Specialist: Ohio Employment Law;Nov2012, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p2
The article discusses the court case Famularcano v. Sanmar which deals with alleged race discrimination in employment.
- Legal Briefs. // HR Specialist: Texas Employment Law;Sep2013, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p3
The article discusses two court cases Riley v. Napolitano and Hiner v. McHugh which deals with discrimination in employment.