- SMOKING AND TOBACCO LITIGATION. // American Enterprise;Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 11 Issue 7, p62
Focuses on the results of a poll on smoking and tobacco litigation in the United States.
- European law. // Consumer Policy Review;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p151
Features the case `Bayerrishe Hypotheken-und Wechselbank AG vs. Edgar Dietzinger' on right of cancellation under contract of guarantee.
- COLLATERAL ESTOPPEL IN THE TAX COURT: HUDSON v. COMMISSIONER. Mazloom III, Albert S. // Tax Lawyer;Spring94, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p827
Presents a case involving James Hudson, shareholder of Texas Basic Educational Systems, Inc. on the alleged violation of collateral estoppel in the United States. Principles of collateral estoppel; Issue preclusion rules in tax litigation; Implications of Mr. Hudson.
- The Case of the Chaste Adulteress. Johnston, Doug // Beaver;Feb/Mar2001, Vol. 81 Issue 1, p33
Discusses the criminal conversation lawsuit against psychiatrist John Breitner for sleeping with Duke University professor George Gopen's wife, Gillian Einstein. Fine imposed against Breitner; Common thing among the three parties to the lawsuit; Discussion on Canadian criminal conversation...
- Uniform Correction or Clarification of Defamation Act: An Alternative to Libel Suits. KIM, GYONG HO; PADDON, ANNA R. // Communications & the Law;Sep98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p53
Examines several alternatives for libel suits. History of libel costs; Reform proposals; Discussion on uniform correction or clarification of defamation act as libel law; Conclusion.
- Legal Briefs. Pollack, Daniel // Corrections Today;Jul99, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p120
Discusses various legal cases in the United States. Brief discussion on the Webb versus Lawrence County court case regarding assault charges; Information on the Jackson versus Johnson court case concerning ineffective legal assistance; Details on the Maldanado versus Terhune court case.
- Legal. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/31/98, Vol. 241 Issue 8, p22
Provides information on two legal cases associated with construction. J.D. Abrams Inc. versus McIver; Waldan General Contractors Inc. versus Michigan Mutual Insurance Co.
- LEGAL CHECKLIST. // People Management;3/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p21
Presents news briefs on several employment-related cases in Great Britain as of March 2002. Failure of Coney Island to consult his employee in stalling systems in his place of work; Case on pre-employment contracts between White and Bristol Rugby; Decision of the Employment Appeal Tribunal in...
- Cases in brief. Stiegler, M.H. // Appraisal Journal;Jan1998, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p107
Deals with the `Commerce Holding versus Assessors of Babylon,' a real property contamination federal case filed in the Court of Appeals of New York on October 22, 1996. Brief background on the case; Information on the court's decision on the case.