`Stereotype generation X at your peril.'
- Conquering the GENERATIONAL DIVIDE. Pekala, Nancy // Journal of Property Management;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p30
Discusses how to manage four generations of employees in the workplace. Information on the Boomers; Discussion on the members of Generation X; How to make the generation connection.
- RETIREMENT--ADDITIONAL Resources. // Benefits & Compensation Digest;Jun2006, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p29
The article relates the factors needed to be considered by human resource (HR) companies in the U.S. as the baby boom generation enters the retirement stage. The baby boom generation will start to reach the traditional retirement age of 65 in 2011. Human resource programs and strategies that...
- Xers vs. boomers: Teamwork or trouble? Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Nov96, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p86
Presents advice to personnel managers on how to manage baby boomers and generation Xers. Flexibility as an important factor; Designing of benefits communications toward needs; Creation of synergies between the two groups. INSET: Dispel those Gen-X myths..
- Who are you talking to? Graves, Dianna E. // Ophthalmology Times;9/15/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p62
The article discusses the significance of identifying the four categories of employees age to effectively communicate with the staff in the U.S. It states that veterans or traditionals are born in or before 1945 and are team-oriented and have strong ethics, thus a one-to-one direction is...
- Rise and fall of generations. Dortch, Shannon // American Demographics;Jul96, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p6
Discusses the demographic trends surrounding generations in the United States. Predicted decrease in the number of baby boomers; Profile of the baby-bust generation; Life expectancy factor
- But What About Gen Xers Who Manage Boomers? Adams, III, John T. // HR Magazine;Dec1999, Vol. 44 Issue 13, p8
Focuses on Generation Xers who manage baby boomers. People who are considered belonging to Generation X; Overview of a letter on Generation Xers; Suggested books about understanding Generation Xers.
- Generation X. Mitchell, Mark Andrew; Orwig, Robert // Nonprofit World;Jan/Feb98, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p36
Focuses on how to manage, market and motivate the Generation Xers. Classification of Generation Xers; Characteristics of Generation Xers; Words commonly associated with Generation X. INSETS: Hints for working with Xers;Cheap & easy recognition secrets.
- Downloads. // Brandweek;03/01/99, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p16
Offers a comparison of Generation X and boomer behavior and values. Spending style; Perception of luxury; Philosophy in life.
- Invest in your future now. Berg, Stacie Zoe // Insight on the News;12/02/96, Vol. 12 Issue 45, p42
Encourages members of the baby boom generation to invest while it is still feasible so they will have a chance of having a good retirement. Encouragement to members of the generation x and those generations trailing the boomers; Benefits that baby boomers can reap if they invest in tax-deferred...