Any other business
- CRISES OF MORAL AWARENESS IN ORGANIZATIONS: THE TAILHOOK CASE. Caproni, Paula J.; Finley, Joycelyn A. // Academy of Management Best Papers Proceedings;1994, p351
Focusing on Tailhook 1991, this paper explores the evolution of crises of moral awareness in organizations. Characteristics of such crises include: (1) Taken-for-granted, organizationally sanctioned codes of conduct result in human suffering and (2) this harm doing is not considered critically...
- Putting your body on the line: A meditation on `hostile environment' sexual harassment in... Bresnahan, Eileen // NWSA Journal;Summer97, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p64
Looks at the author's experience of sexual harassment, while she was employed at the United States Postal Service company in 1978 to 1979. Indepth look at the author's duties; Details on drawings of penises by male coworkers; Reference to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission charges...
- Challenging the received wisdom and the status quo: Creating and implementing sexual harassment... Hawkesworth, Mary // NWSA Journal;Summer97, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p94
Presents a case study which focused on the creation and implementation of a sexual harassment policy by feminist in the United States. Discussion on American colleges adopting sexual harassment policies; Methodology used to conduct the case study; Results of the case study.
- A reasonable woman. Starr, Tama // Reason;Feb94, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p48
Comments of the sexual harassment law. Inclusion of behavior and speech under sexual harassment; Reasonable woman standard; Penalties under the 1991 Civil Rights Act; Hostile and abusive environment.
- The way we are. // Good Housekeeping;Apr94, Vol. 218 Issue 4, p230
Opinion. Comments on the sexual harassment of women in the workplace. Generational difference in the perception towards harassment; Impact of media on the sexual harassment issue; Supreme Court's ruling that women do not have to suffer nervous breakdown in order to prove harassment; Call for...
- Sexual harassment rampant in US. // Women's International Network News;Spring97, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p56
Reports on the prevalence of sexual harassment of women in the United States according to the periodical `National NOW Times,'. Army trainers convicted of harassing female cadets; Mitsubishi Motors' trial for allowing harassment in the workplace.
- The costs of sexual harassment. // Supervisory Management;Dec93, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p4
Reports on the findings of law firm Katten Muchin & Zavis' survey on sexual harassment of women in the workplace. Losses of companies due to sexual harassment and its repercussions.
- US companies move to curb sexual harassment on job. Tyson, Ann Scott // Christian Science Monitor;5/30/96, Vol. 88 Issue 129, p1
Focuses on companies' efforts to prevent sexual harassment in the workplace. Mounting number of cases and legal costs; Poor employee performance due to sexual harassment; Trouble recruiting women; Companies' willingness to invest in sexual harassment prevention programs.
- A deciding moment. Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;04/06/98, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p38
Presents information on the Little Rock Media Consortium. Reference to the sexual harassment lawsuit against case president of the United States, Bill Clinton by Paula Jones which was held in Little Rock, Arkansas; Amount of journalist that formed the consortium; Indication that Little Rock...