- Equal Opportunities. // People Management;07/29/99, Vol. 5 Issue 15, p14
Presents updates on equal employment opportunities in Great Britain as of July 29, 1999. Changes called for by the Equal Opportunities Commission; Increase in the number of women who took up civil service posts in 1999; Employment scheme released by the Department of Education and Employment.
- EOC sets fairness challenge. // People Management;12/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 25, p10
Reports on the target set by the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) of Great Britain on half of employers with more than 500 staff to conduct pay reviews by the end of 2003. Launch of an equal pay forum by the EOC; Focus of the forum program; Remarks from EOC Chairwoman Julie Mellor.
- Few women in top business roles. Kanter, Jake // Supply Management;9/18/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 19, p8
The article discusses a study by the British Equality and Human Rights Commission which found women are progressing at a slow pace in securing equal representation in top business positions. The study revealed that only 11% of FTSE 100 directors are women and they are underrepresented in public...
- City case renews call for pay parity. // Personnel Today;10/8/2002, p1
Reports on the effort of the Equal Opportunities Commission toward the improvement of pay transparency in Great Britain. Defeat of a female analyst in a legal claim for sexual discrimination; Ruling of the employment tribunal on the pay system; Need for employers to complete an equal pay...
- Reviewing the situation. // Employers Law;Feb2003, p18
Presents a guideline for conducting an equal pay review for employees recommended by the Equal Opportunities Commission in Great Britain. Features of equal pay reviews; Steps in implementing a voluntary equal pay review; Information on case studies on the application of equal pay review. ...
- The dismantler of discrimination. // Director (00123242);Oct96, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on Kamlesh Bahl, chairman of the Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) in Great Britain. Challenge presented to the EOC by small businesses; Bahl's campaign in the smaller business sector; Description of discrimination as an artificial barrier to people development; Background...
- Call for local govt to set equality standards. // Personnel Today;3/26/2002, p3
Reports the plan of the Equal Opportunities Commission to urge the local government to lead on the equality in the workplace in Great Britain. Consideration of the policies and practices of the local government; Inclusion of the issues and legislations.
- EOC offers to be statutory body for sexual orientation. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;8/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the action taken by the Great Britain Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) to urge the government to suggest that it could take responsibility for sexual orientation. Implication for the rumors that a number of equality bodies could share responsibility for the areas of sexual...
- Equal opportunities. // People Management;7/13/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p10
Provides information on the issue of equal employment opportunities in Great Britain. Assessment report on sex discrimination by Equal Opportunities Commission (EOC) for the year 1994; Comments of Kamlesh Bahl, EOC chairwoman on the issue.