Delayering to fire steel profits drive
- The squeeze is on. Lorenz, Andrew // Management Today;Aug1997, p35
Presents information on British Steel, a steel manufacturer in Great Britain. Decrease in the company's pre-tax profits; Restructuring which is underway at the company; Effects the surging pound has on the manufacturing industry; Vulnerability of the company; Details on the company; Company's...
- Statutory Instruments. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Nov88, Vol. 102 Issue 1143, p46
Reports that based on the British Steel Act of 1988, all property rights and liabilities to which the British Steel Corp. was entitled or subject are transferred to a registered company called British Steel PLC.
- Engineering. // Accountancy;Dec1995, Vol. 116 Issue 1228, p28
Announces an increase in profits gained by British Steel for the semester through September 30, 1995.
- British Steel joins scheme to guarantee business start-up loans. // Professional Engineering;03/10/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p9
Discusses British Steel's decision to join the Small Firms Loan Guarantee Scheme as an approved lender. Aim to help small firms that are unable to raise conventional finance; Scheme's focus on high-technology businesses in traditional steel making areas in Great Britain.
- Nerves of steel. Turpin, Andrew // Director (00123242);Oct98, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p120
Features Brian Moffat, chief executive at British Steel. Career background; Insights about the issues facing Great Britain's steel industry; Business outlook.
- Merged steel giants aim to sidestep HR policy pitfalls. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;06/17/99, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p12
Discusses the role of personnel management in the merger between steel companies British Steel PLC and Kees Blokland. Estimated number of jobs that will be lost; Total value of the merger; Comments from Allan Johnston, personnel director of British Steel; Findings of the company Right...
- Industry news. // 33 Metalproducing;Jul99, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p14
Presents steel industry-related news items, compiled in July 1999. United States steel makers' opposition to imports of foreign cold-rolled steel; Merger between British Steel PLC and Koninklijke Hoogovens NV, the major Dutch producer; Members forming part of the Auto Aluminum Alliance.
- Lord of Steel. // Time;8/11/1967, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p80
The article profiles Baron Melchett as the head of the British Steel Corporation, a major British steel producer. It details Melchett's preconceived plans for the company taking into account geography, product, and raw-material supply. It also focuses on the prevailing challenges that the...
- Corus steels for faster order system. Ashford, Warwick // Computer Weekly;11/6/2007, p6
The article reports that Corus International, formerly British Steel PLC, has invested in a trade management system to reduce the time it spends managing orders. According to Graham Royle, information systems manager at the firm, the company which exports eight million tonnes of steel products a...