More DVD-A SACD Titles On The Way
- INDUSTRY LEADERS DEMONSTRATE REAL-TIME DVD+RW RECORDING. // CD Computing News;Apr2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Reports that the leaders in CD-ReWritable industry such as Ricoh and Sony, have reinforced their commitment to digital video disc-ReWritable technology.
- Survey Says: Antarra Polls REPLItech Regulars on Tradeshows and Trends. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Magazine;May2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p18
No abstract available.
- Optical drive shipments to exceed 70 million. // Computers in Libraries;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p62
States that CD format disc drives are one of the fastest growing product families of the decade, with shipment increases underway for CD-ROM, CD-R/CD-RW, and writable drives and the digital video (DVD)-ROM, according to the 1997 DISK/TREND Report. Details about the results of the report; The...
- China blazes the trail for video CDs. Fox, Barry // New Scientist;08/15/98, Vol. 159 Issue 2147, p24
Reports on the adoption of the super video compact disc (SVCD) format, developed under the Chinese government, as a world video standard. Adoption by the International Electro-technical Commission and major manufacturers including Philips and Sony; Quality versus digital versatile disc; Costs.
- New Releases Boost 'Tabletop' CD/DVD Production. Nathans, Stephen F. // EMedia Magazine;May2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p20
No abstract available.
- Maxell Releases Printable DVD-R Discs for Authoring and Development Pros. // Information Today;Sep2000, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p45
Focuses on the release of printable DVD-R discs from Maxell Corp. of America. Introduction of a family of DVD-R discs for authoring and development professionals; Usefulness in developing video and audio presentations; Report that Maxell's DVD-R discs utilize organic-dye, recording layer...
- dvd-PLUS: bridging the COMPATIBILITY gap. Waldrep, Mark // EMedia -- The Digital Studio Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p26
Discusses trends in digital video discs (DVD) technology and the compact disc industry in the U.S. as of April 2003. Significance of the introduction of the DVD-Plus format by Sonopress; Information on the Super Audio Compact Disc introduced by Sony Corp. and Philips; Features of DVD-Audio.
- DualDisc. // DSN Retailing Today;9/20/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p18
Features the DualDisc, a standard CD with DVD from Silverline Records. Distinct features; Benefits; Cost of the product.
- Higher speed and lower costs. Traiman, Steve // Billboard;08/30/97, Vol. 109 Issue 35, p44
Reports on new technology in the digital versatile disc and compact disc replication industry. Goals of faster production, higher yields and cost-savings; Details of breakthroughs in injection molding, customized molds, finishing, bonding and other bottom-line production areas that were...