Are Variable Annuities Right for Your Clients?
- Develop a strategy for annuities in estate planning. Ragsdale, Olin // Fort Worth Business Press;4/11/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p32
Focuses on the popularity of fixed or variable annuity contracts among investors. Reason for their purchase; Unfavorable taxation consequences of such investments; Suggestions for developing a strategy for annuities in estate planning.
- 2Q VA Sales Show Slight Uptick, But Year-To-Date Sales Lag. O'Connor, Frank // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/20/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 38, p23
The article reports about the 2008 ranking of top variable annuity issuer sales. According to the report, sales of variable annuities for the second quarter were up by 2.5%, totaling $41.1 billion, compared to first quarter new sales of $40.1 billion. However, based on a year-to-date assumption,...
- Annuity. // Essential Finance;2003, p28
A definition of the financial term "annuity" is presented. Originally, annuity is an investment that buys a fixed annual payment for the investor until his or her death. In the U.S., fixed or variable annuities are being referred to. The basic format of annuity has been refined to include such...
- Bank Annuity Sales Declined 7% In August. Thomas, Trevor // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/11/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 45, p18
Reports on the decline in bank sales of fixed and variable annuities in the U.S. in August 2002, according to the 'Kehrer-Jackson National Monthly Bank Annuity Sales Survey.' Fixed annuity sales from insurance companies; Wide rate advantage of fixed annuities over short-term certificates of...
- annuity buyer's guide. Updegrave, Walter // Money;Nov2002, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p104
Offers advice in purchasing annuities as part of retirement planning. Benefits of annuities in your retirement portfolio; Analysis of fixed and variable annuities; How to access money in an annuity via fixed or variable payout. INSETS: Should you roll over your 401(k) into an annuity?;Resources.
- Insuring Income. Lavine, Alan // REP.;Oct2012, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p93
The article focuses on variable annuity and immediate annuity of insurance. It states that since both are contracts with life insurance companies, one needs to evaluate the financial stability of the involved company. It mentions that one of the benefits of variable annuity is that a person can...
- Do Suitability Issues Loom? Morris, Gregory // Bank Investment Consultant;May2003, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p41
Sales of both fixed annuities and variable annuities through banks almost equal direct-issuer sales. Banks can be pleased with their progress in gaining on issuers themselves as the preferred source of annuities. In the current study, however, 39% of consumers had bought an annuity from one of...
- In fundamental shift, annuity sales swing toward variable kind. Garmhausen, Stephen // American Banker;6/23/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 119, p12
Reports on the bank sales and variable fixed annuities United States. Sales of mutual funds through banks; Variable annuities surpassing the fixed annuities; Definition of fixed annuities; Dependence of variable annuity payouts on the success of the underlying investment; Statistical comparison...
- Annuity Sales Increases a Surprise. Garmhausen, Steve // American Banker;8/16/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 126, p3
The article presents brief information about the demand for fixed and variable annuities in the U.S. and the amount of annuity sales in 2010 and 2011.