Sticker Shock: Fixed-Income Options in a Low-Interest-Rate World
- Plan for future income needs. // Finance Week;11/23/2001, p58
Discusses the role of fixed interest investments on the portfolio of retirees in South Africa. Income and capital gains offered by fixed-income markets to investors; Unawareness of the investors on the dangers of fixed interest investments; Option in avoiding the implications of capital gains tax.
- Better Ladders. Reinhart, Len // Financial Planning;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p33
Suggests that money managers could be running laddered fixed-income portfolios for advisers to offer to individual clients with the right pricing. Discussion on fixed-income exchange-traded funds; How to implement a laddered portfolio; Responsibilities of money managers.
- Fixing Fixed Income. Adler, David // Financial Planning;May2007, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p65
The article discusses strategies of financial planners in managing fixed-income (FI) investment of clients. There are opportunities to improve value and yield of FI investments in callable bonds and municipal bonds with solid research and prudent fund management. Michael Brandes, senior FI...
- KCERA Places Putnam On the Hot Seat. Neel, Dan // Investment Management Weekly;2/16/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the move of Kern County Employees' Retirement Association (KCERA) to investigate Putnam Investments. Reason for the move of the KCERA; Search for a core-plus fixed-income manager to oversee a mandate of an unspecified value in 2003 by KCERA; Managers who were among the finalists as...
- A Safer Source of Alpha. Roth, Allan S. // Financial Planning;Mar2008, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p103
The article discusses a safer market approach for fixed-income investors. The author notes that there is a tendency for financial planners and their clients to seek for an extra 100 to 200 basis points of alpha in fixed-income instruments which yield significant risk-adjusted returns. But, an...
- Newswatch. // Financial Planning;Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p22
Presents news briefs related to the financial services industry in the United States as of February 2001. Details on the proposed fixed-income exchange-traded funds of Nuveen company; Information on the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act for protecting client privacy; Actions taken by several financial...
- Stick to Your Guns! Lert, Randy // Financial Planning;Nov2005, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p176
Presents the results of quarterly surveys on the marketing approach of investment managers conducted by Russell Investment Group. Decline in large-capital growth stocks; Pattern seen in fixed-income investments; Benefits of diversification to finance companies.
- Income aim for Britannia Intl bond. // Money Marketing;10/2/2003, p8
Reports that Britannia International is planning a structured product for independent financial advisers. Offer of income plus a full capital return; Market for lower-risk income products; Britannia International's commission for the product.
- The Politics of Planning. Diehl, John // On Wall Street;Oct2012, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p49
The article discusses the active engagement of clients by financial advisors regarding their financial future during an election year. It notes that the election year in the U.S. may well serve as a ground for discussing investment and savings efforts, especially when Americans have signified...