The Enemies of Capitalism
- Qualified Plan Intergenerational Transfers: Leveraging a Highly Taxed Asset. McLaren, Mark P // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Mar2006, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p61
During estate and retirement planning for wealthy individuals and families, planners should consider the appropriate method of addressing assets within a qualified plan or individual retirement account. As such assets are subject to income taxes, they are considered income in respect to decedent...
- ASIC announces major surveillance of risk advice. // Money Management;10/24/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p3
The article reports on the announcement of deputy chairman Peter Kell of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) regarding the regulator's move and notification to insurers to conduct major surveillance of life insurance advice.
- You Bet Your Life. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Aug2008, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p73
The article discusses the move of some clients to engage in life settlements, the sale of existing insurance policies to investors in the U.S. According to Lee Slavutin of Stern Slavutin-2, some insurance policies are sold by clients so they can be replaced by newer ones. It cites the concern...
- Time to Focus on Life. Dressner, Jon // Advisor Today;Sep2005, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p78
The article points out that September is Life Insurance Awareness Month (LIAM) in the U.S. and insurance agents and financial planners should take advantage of this. The industry's initiatives for this month signal the collective commitment to ensuring that Americans have the life insurance...
- Points that Help You Sell. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;Jan2014, Vol. 118 Issue 1, p12
The article offers tips for companies in selling life insurance. It suggests that life insurance companies should not rule out the business-owner prospects whose physical conditions, medical history, or moral habits might indicate they are not a standard insurance risk. A recommendation for...
- Easypaisa Khushaal Beema. // Flare (Pakistan);Jan2015, p72
The article reports the launching by Easypaisa, in partnership with Adamjee Life Insurance, as of January 2015 of its Khushaal Beema products for easypasia customers.
- Aegon/Ranbaxy: joining forces for the long term. // MarketWatch: Financial Services;Aug2006, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p5
The author reflects on the partnership of the Dutch insurance provider Aegon Life Insurance and Ranbaxy Promoter Group which aims to offer asset management and insurance services in India. The author stresses that Aegon and Ranbaxy must understand that their partnership would take longer to...
- Shriram Life partners with Telenor to offer Life Insurance. // FRPT- Finance Snapshot;10/12/2015, p6
The article reports on the partnership of Shriram Life Insurance Company and telecommunication company Telenor India Communications to spread insurance knowledge among rural subscribers of Telenor and presents views of Manoj Jain, chief executive officer (CEO) at Shriram, on the same.
- The problems facing the platform market. CAZALET, NED // Money Marketing;10/29/2015, Issue 1507, p10
The article focuses on the problem of return capital being faced by the present day enetrprises, and reports that most of the new life insurance companies, such as Standard Life and Axa, have invested more money, as compared to older life insurance companies, but are still not earning same profits.