Active Asset Allocation
- A Multiple-Horizon Approach to Asset Allocation in the Retirement Portfolio. // Journal of Financial Planning;May2006, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p34
The article discusses a multiple-horizon approach to asset allocation in retirement portfolios. One of the most important financial planning decisions is determining optimal asset allocation in retirement portfolios. The article offers a spreadsheet-based algorithm that uses a...
- GFC 2.0 to put portfolios on the defensive. Tsanadis, Andrew // Money Management;1/19/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the belief of Fidelity Worldwide Investment director of asset allocation Trevor Greetham that the global financial crisis can be dealt with by the financial services industry through a conservative asset allocation in 2012.
- Vanguard Diehards Know the Secret. Stevens, Sue // Morningstar Practical Finance;Aug2007, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p3
The article discusses how to handle and structure personal finances in the U.S. According to the author, asset allocation, rebalancing, common sense and psychology are simple approaches to successfully structure portfolio, however, less rebalancing is a good measure which helps lessen...
- A fool and his money soon part. Feuer, Michael // Smart Business Cleveland;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p110
The article assesses the reasons why business executives are not good in managing their own money. According to the author, executives are mediocre investment advisers to themselves because they need to focus on running their organizations. He stresses that although executives are good at making...
- Investment strategies part 5: In defense of diversification. Marotta, David John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;8/10/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p9
The article offers information on the implication of diversification of assets and investment in Hudson, New York. It mentions that diversifying ones asset allocation will result in the reduction of a person's volatility and increases returns. The scheme is criticized by some critics due to the...
- Risking Your Money Again? Quinn, Jane Bryant; Ehrenfeld, Temma // Newsweek;11/10/2003, Vol. 142 Issue 19, p43
Encourages individual investors to develop a personal investment policy. Determination of personal goals; Choice of appropriate investment depending on the timing of needs; Emphasis on diversification and discipline; Availability of financial planning advice.
- Asset allocation: a must. Roberts, Stephen // Money Management;2/16/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p14
The article explains the importance of asset allocation. It cites some forecasts for asset class returns that will help Australian clients appreciate asset allocation. The outlook for the next decade includes likely moderation of the unusually strong returns on growth assets, average cash...
- Bad Practices. Jahnke, William // Journal of Financial Planning;Sep2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p26
This article focuses on the establishment of an asset allocation policy doctrine in the financial planning community in the 1990s. Apparently, many investment practices are based on the beliefs that markets are macro-efficient and that historical returns provide a reasonable basis for estimating...
- All in the balance. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;11/3/2003, p51
Focuses on how to construct a balanced and diversified investment portfolio with a limited investment capital. Investor's misunderstanding of diversification; Role of diversification in reducing risks; Composition of a diversified investment portfolio for a typical private investor.