Planners Progress: Through the Jungle and Over the Gorge
- The Millennials Are Coming. Are We Ready? Kitces, Michael E. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2005, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses the emergence of Millennials in the financial planning profession in the U.S. The Millennials are also known as Generation Y or Echo-Boomers. This generation of current youngsters, born from roughly 1981 through 2001, is just seeing its first and oldest members graduate...
- Financial Advisors. // Las Vegas Business Press;2004 Book of Lists, p53
Lists the largest financial advisors in Las Vegas, Nevada ranked according to number of financial advisors. Morgan Stanley; American Express Financial Advisors; Tri-Star Management Inc.
- TEN YEARS AGO AT THE INSTITUTE. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug1997, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p17
This article highlights the regulatory positions of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners as of 1987.
- Choosing your advisers. Mckee, Kathleen // Medical Economics;8/18/2006, Vol. 83 Issue 16, p37
The article gives advice on selecting an investment adviser. According to the author, financial planners are worth their fees if they can help an investor sort out his goals and devise a realistic savings and investment plan to achieve them. The author also discusses the conditions under which...
- When Clients Want To Change Beneficiaries. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/25/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 7, p12
The article offers information on how financial advisors handle clients who ask to change a beneficiary designation on a financial product in the U.S. The impetus could include anything from desire to add a new grandchild or charity to the list, to the intention to remove an heir who is now...
- Tips from the TOP. Drozdeck, Steven // Advisor Today;May2005, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p44
Identifies habits and attitudes of successful insurance and financial advisors. Staying motivated and focused; Increasing proficiency in financial and psychological profiling; Practice management; Improving professional knowledge. INSET: SEVEN STEPS TO SUCCESS.
- Come Shop With Us! Bernat, Brendan // Advisor Today;May2005, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p54
Reports on enhancements on the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors' (NAIFA) online marketplace. Logo items; Information resources for insurance businesses; Product areas and items.
- NAIFA in the News. Edwards, Jim // Advisor Today;May2005, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on news stories surrounding insurance and financial advising in the United States. "Term-only insurance licensing plan blasted," by Gary Mogel on the March 14, 2005 issue of the "Investment News"; "Insurers' opposition, deficit politics, threaten estate tax cut," by Michael Forsythe in...
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Advisor Today;May2005, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p62
Presents a calendar of events of interest to insurance and financial advisors in the United States. Association of Health Insurance Advisors' EduCall: Understanding Underwriting conference; National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors Convention and Career Conference.