- Bearing Up Under the Bear. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p48
This article reveals the working conditions of financial planners in the United States as of January 2005, three years into the stock market downturn. Judy Shine, chief financial planner (CFP) of Shine Investments in Denver, Colorado stated that she was exhausted, fried and frustrated. She felt...
- 40,000 CFP Professionals in the United States... // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p25
This article reveals that the number of U.S. certified financial planner (CFP) certificants officially reached 40,335 at the end of September 2002, according to the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. A Merrill Lynch financial advisor, Teresa Lee, became the 40,00th U.S. CFP...
- NewOak Capital Grows Out Of Market Fissure. G. S. // High Yield Report;11/3/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p5
The article reports on the capability of NewOak Capital in providing an advisory services to structured finance market in the U.S. It states that the firm can provide an integrated and granular approach when any dysfunction occurs within the structured finance market. Moreover, the firm also has...
- FAISing in investment advice. // Finance Week;6/9/2003, p52
Examines the quality of investment advice that financial planners are expected to give their clients according to the Financial Advisory & Intermediary Services (FAIS) Act of South Africa. Consideration of the legal risk of the advice given; Skills that financial planners must have; Distinction...
- PFS chief Keith Richards is seeing evidence of the evolution of advice. // Money Marketing (Online Edition);7/22/2013, p17
The author reports on the growth in qualified financial adviser numbers and a drive towards greater professionalism in Great Britain. He says that with the number of fully qualified advisers rising since the start of 2013, the first half of the year has been more positive for financial advisers....
- TIMETABLE FOR DEPOLARISATION. // Money Marketing;12/2/2004, p2
Presents the timetable for depolarization related to independent financial advisers in Great Britain.
- Caveat Adviser. Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Nov2004, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p35
Discusses the challenges faced by financial planners in the U.S. as of November 2004. Role of asset allocation service providers in financial planning; Factors that reflect the integrity of a financial advisor; Ways to evaluate a client's portfolio of investments.
- MLC scholarship to attract new planning recruits. Fielding, Zoe // Money Management;5/19/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p10
Reports that MLC has launched a scholarship program for financial planners in Australia. Objective of the scholarship program; Courses included in the program; Self-employed licensees in MLC's group; Requirements.
- The game changer. Tucker, Jye // Money Management;1/26/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p17
The author discusses the significance of scaled device in helping financial planners show clients what kind of lifestyle they can expect in retirement in Australia. The author cites that scaled device and its accompanying technology have made super advice free and personal and allowed better...