The Perfect Financial Planning Firm?
- Tips for tracking your personal economic recovery. Kinney, Derrick // Fort Worth Business Press;8/1/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p58
Gives advice on making personal economic forecast. Effects of life events on an individual's personal economy; Role of a plan in defending against personal economic instability; Factors to be considered when getting a real job.
- Self-directed Financial Learning and Financial Satisfaction. Loibi, Cäzilia; Hira, Tahira K. // Journal of Financial Counseling & Planning;2005, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p11
This study analyzes the effect of self-directed financial learning using employer-provided financial newsletters, financial publications, financial planning software, and the Internet on financial management practices, financial satisfaction, and career satisfaction. The sample consists of...
- Surf your way to savings. C. R. // Self;May2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p48
The author shares how she saved money using the free money site www.Mint.com. After allowing access to her bank and credit card transactions and balances in the U.S., every purchase, deposit and withdrawal she made appeared in pie charts. The charts revealed how much she spent for groceries,...
- Moving to the Big City: Make a Budget. Henry, Marilyn // Back Stage West;11/10/2005, Vol. 12 Issue 46, p9
This article offers a financial plan for actors who want to move to New York or Los Angeles, California. Actors wishing to relocate in the area should be debt free and have a savings account with a minimum of 6,000 dollars to keep afloat for the first six months. The may need to pay a broker's...
- Prepared for the unexpected? Ross, Janet // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);1/1/2014, Vol. 115 Issue 40, p1D
The author offers advice on how to be prepared for some unexpected financial challenges including emergency expenses, investment risk and market volatility and long-term disability.
- Sucker bait. Walkley, Pam // Money (Australia Edition);Feb2006, Issue 76, p26
The article deals with the investment trends in a financial scheme offering well above market rates of return in Australia in February 2006. The Australian Securities and Investments Commission has launched legal action against Sydney-based First Capital Financial Planning Pty. Ltd., alleging it...
- Creating The'Ideal' Financial Planning Practice. Moseley-Williams, Dennis // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/21/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 24, p14
Focuses on the creation of the ideal financial planning practice in the U.S. Steps to generate referrals; Permission marketing.
- CE Exam. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2013, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p66
A quiz is presented on articles on financial planning, investment advisers and personal finance published in this issue.
- Reading Between the Lines of Investor Biases. Bolhuis, Michelle; Goodman, Ned // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p62
â€¢ It's clear that it's impossible to predict what is going to happen in the stock market in the short term, yet many intelligent investors make investment decisions based on short-term market forecasts made by forecasters, journalists, and others. Why? One reason is that people are...