Choice of product--or choice displays?
- Food Lion Tracks Shoppers in Two Test Stores. Gallagher, Julie // SN: Supermarket News;3/29/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 13, p1
The article reports that Food Lion LLC with the help of ceiling cameras and video analytics software in two test stores is tracking shoppers from their entry till they make their purchase, in a move to study and understand their purchase behavior. It will help Food Lion to test the influence of...
- Marketing Tactics, Search, and Choice. Mothersbaugh, David L.; Heath, Timothy B.; Feick, Lawrence F. // Advances in Consumer Research;1996, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p269
The article considers a special session of a conference of the Association for Consumer Research on the influence of advertising and marketing on brand choice and decision-making by consumers. Papers presented at the session on the influence of advertising message framing on brand choice, on...
- Changing rooms: not for us, say 25%. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;11/10/2000, Issue 5213, p2
Highlights the 'cm Business Trends Survey,' which found that more than a quarter of furniture retailers in Great Britain only change their in-store displays six times a year.
- Let your customers buy the vision and reap the profits. // Cabinet Maker;12/20/2002, Issue 5318, p4
Provides tips in displaying furniture in retail stores. Importance of leaving enough space in furniture; Effects of breaking the display into realistic setting; Drawbacks of a crammed display area.
- UK appearance. // Cabinet Maker;11/24/2000, Issue 5215, p2
Announces the launch of Appear of Scandinavia home office furniture firm in Great Britain. Display of furniture at Harrods stores; Preference of Appear for independent retailers; Product line and contact information.
- Domino displays in store. // Cabinet Maker;4/26/2002, Issue 5284, p2
Reports the display of Domino bedroom furniture range in retail stores. Integration of wooden panels on the fronts; Availability of interior lighting in the wardrobes; Provision of optional glass panels on bedstead headboards.
- Variables Affecting Sales of Family-Branded Products. Neuhaus, Colin F.; Taylor, James R. // Journal of Marketing Research (JMR);Nov72, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p419
Family-branding policies are frequently discussed in marketing textbooks. These texts have suggested that tinder certain conditions it is advantageous for the seller to follow a family-branding policy for a group of products rather than individually marketing these products under separate...
- A Behavioral Approach to Planning, Layout, and Display. Sommers, Montrose S.; Reman, Jerome B. // Journal of Retailing;Winter65/66, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p21
The article explains the basis for behaviorally-oriented layout and display, which indicates how it can be applied, and considers the obstacles involved. Since the primary purpose of layout and display is to encourage buying, the logical basis for these decisions should be consumer preferences....
- A Home in the Country for Worker. // Architectural Digest;Oct2004, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p94
Features the Corner House Antiques, a showroom and business trade in Sheffield, Massachusetts. Products; Proprietors; Address.