Persuading shoppers to go the extra mile
- Act now or wave goodbye to your customers. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;06/23/2000, Issue 5193, p7
Reports on furniture retailer Ikea's plans for increasing the number of stores in Great Britain to 30 by 2010. Rationale behind the move; Expected impact of the expansion on the retailer's sales; Implications for other furniture retailers in the country.
- Ikea to assemble 20 new stores and cut prices. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;06/23/2000, Issue 5193, p2
Discloses Ikea's plans for increasing the number of its furniture stores in Great Britain, which would reach 30 by 2010.
- Ikea remains king of hearts and purses. // Cabinet Maker;12/27/2002, Issue 5319, p5
Discusses consumer research conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' magazine in February 2002, which shows that Ikea is the biggest and most popular furniture retailer in Great Britain. Comparison with other retailers such as DFS, Courts and John Lewis; Percentage of consumers that prefer to shop at...
- Ikea opens Md. store with 'Jeannie's' help. // Furniture/Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p22
Reports on the opening of home furnishings specialty retailer Ikea's store in College Park, Maryland. Festivities held.
- Furniture shoppers certainly get around. // Cabinet Maker;12/27/2002, Issue 5319, p30
Discusses consumer research conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' magazine about the number of furniture stores that British consumers would expect to visit before making their final choice. Consumers' search for the best prices; Finding that only a few shoppers have just one store in mind when shopping...
- Home improvement. Bainbridge, Jane // Marketing (00253650);11/3/2004, p30
The article reports that a combination of the Changing Rooms phenomenon, a buoyant housing market and high consumer spending helped boost sales of furniture and home furnishings by 25% between 1998 and 2004 to an estimated Â£ 10.98bn. Brand advertising has little place in furniture retailing...
- Ikea finds a home in Brooklyn. Racine, Theresa // New York Amsterdam News;10/31/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 44, p32
Reports on the launch of a store of furniture manufacturing company Ikea AB in New York City, New York. Estimated number of jobs created by the store; Proposal of the company to solve traffic problems due to its store's location; Plans of the company to expand its store.
- Green light for Ikea in Glasgow. // Cabinet Maker;11/17/2000, Issue 5214, p2
Reports on the Scotland government's approval of Ikea's proposal to open a furniture store in Glasgow.
- GOOD WEEK BAD WEEK. // Cabinet Maker;6/20/2003, Issue 5343, p31
Presents news briefs of interest to furniture retailers as of June 20, 2003. Environmental protection campaign of Ikea's Canadian staff; British councilors' demand for outgoing mayors to pay the full price of their office furniture.