Furniture shoppers favour stores they can trust
- Three of a kind. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;7/18/2003, Issue 5347, p27
Discusses the sale of beds by British retailers. Budget beds sold by Sleep Experience in Luton; Andrew Price's ownership of World of Beds in Norwich; Classical bedroom furniture offered at Amazing Emporium in Cricklewood.
- Store fears more flooding. // Cabinet Maker;2/6/2004, Issue 5374, p6
Reports on the flooding of Devon, England, furniture retailer The Pine Store. Flood alerts issued by the British Environment Agency for the rivers Axe, Otter, Clyst, Culm and Exe; Failure of a flood prevention drain to stop water from pouring in.
- Norwich. // Cabinet Maker;7/8/2005, Issue 5446, p35
Features several furniture stores in Norwich, England. Type of furniture sold at Country & Eastern; Price ranges of outdoor furniture in wood and metal sold at Habitat; Selection of garden furniture sold at The Range.
- Selling More Jewelry: Tips from the Experts. Adrian, Clare // Souvenirs, Gifts, & Novelties;Jun/Jul2010, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p114
The article offers tips on selling jewelry in leisure entertainment retail shops. It discusses the need for shop managers to know the latest in jewelry design and to be aware of what customers are wearing. Asking employees of various ages for their opinions on customer tastes can also help...
- Are you being served? // Cabinet Maker;12/27/2002, Issue 5319, p17
Discusses consumer research conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' magazine in May 2002, about factors that would influence consumers in Great Britain when shopping for furniture. Percentage of respondents that would turn to salespeople as the best source of help in making an informed purchasing...
- Lane opens first dedicated store in U.S. Engel, Clint // Furniture/Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p33
Reports on Lane Home Furnishings' opening of a store in Tupelo, Mississippi. Company's pursuit of dedicated store growth in targeted market; Total number of stores expected to open in 2003 in the U.S.; Overview of the merchandise sold at Lane stores.
- Room for improvement on the shopfloor. // Cabinet Maker;9/23/2005, Issue 5457, p19
Comments on the display area at the mezzanine floor of Homebase Inc. stores in England. Lack of accessories; Importance of the improvement in its displays; Dissimilarity in the mixture of furniture products.
- Ikea remains king of hearts and purses. // Cabinet Maker;12/27/2002, Issue 5319, p5
Discusses consumer research conducted by 'Cabinet Maker' magazine in February 2002, which shows that Ikea is the biggest and most popular furniture retailer in Great Britain. Comparison with other retailers such as DFS, Courts and John Lewis; Percentage of consumers that prefer to shop at...
- Kent's new lifestyle. // Cabinet Maker;10/8/2004, Issue 5409, p5
Reports on the opening of the second Co-operative Homestore furniture store in Tunbridge Wells, England.