Necessity, rather than desire, drives sofa sales
- Buying Advice at Your Fingertips. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;2008, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one article "Green Shopping Can Save You Money" and another article "Comparing Retailers."
- A note on representability of consumer's behavior. Alcantud, J.C.R.; Rodriguez-Palmero, C. // Economic Theory;2002, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p207
We offer an alternative approach to the study of representability of choice behavior in a competitive framework that is based on recent advances in utility theory (cf. Alcantud and Rodriguez-Palmero (1999)). Our technique enables us to tackle this classical problem efficiently in fairly general...
- Further Reading. // MarketWatch: Personal Care;Dec2006, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p26
A list of publications that provide data on the personal care preferences of consumers is presented.
- Effects of Schema Congruity and Involvement on Product Evaluations. Lee, Moonkyu // Advances in Consumer Research;1995, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p210
Examines how consumer evaluations of products are influenced by the degree of congruity between products and their associated category schema and the level of consumers' involvement with the evaluation task. Conceptual model of product evaluations.
- Consumer Use Innovative Behavior: An Approach Toward Its Causes. Park, Kyungae; Dyer, Carl L. // Advances in Consumer Research;1995, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p566
Attempts to understand innovative product usage behavior by investigating the causes of this behavior. Conceptual model of use innovative behavior.
- Measuring the Effects of Framing Country-of-Origin Information: A Process Tracing Approach. Levin, Irwin P.; Jasper, J.D. // Advances in Consumer Research;1996, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p385
Focuses on the use of phase narrowing to model how the impact of information about the use of American workers in manufacturing a product changes over decision stages in product selection. Appeals to consumer nationalism; Increase of the framing effect across successive decision stages;...
- THE PERCEPTION OF FOREIGN PRODUCTS IN FRANCE. Baumgartner, Gary; Jolibert, Alain // Advances in Consumer Research;1978, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p603
Despite numerous articles which have been published, there seems to have been no real advancement in the development of theories which might explain why consumer's view foreign products differently than they do domestic products. This paper reports a study of French perception of foreign...
- The Effects of Immigration on the Tastes and Preferences in Food of the Native-born Consumer. D'Rozario, Denver // Advances in Consumer Research;2002, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p242
Investigates the effect of immigration on the tastes and preferences in food of the native born consumer. Factors responsible for mainstream adoption of immigrant tastes and preference.
- How Does Choice Affect Evaluations? Brown, Christie; Feinberg, Fred // Advances in Consumer Research;2002, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p331
Explores the interrelatedness of choice and judgment among consumer goods. Traditional explanation for post-choices in a positive light; Effect of consumer choice on valuation.