Naltrexone for 3 or 12 months did not reduce drinking in alcohol dependence
- Evidence about the use of naltrexone and for different ways of using it in the treatment of alcoholism. Sinclair, John David // Alcohol & Alcoholism;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p2
â€” Eight double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trials in five countries have demonstrated the safety and efficacy of naltrexone as an adjunct in alcoholism treatment. The efficacy depends, however, on how naltrexone is used. Three of the trials tested naltrexone in two ways: (1) with...
- Analgesic proves useful in treatment of alcohol dependence. // Nursing Standard;2/6/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p16
The article reports on the research revealing that Baclofen analgesic is useful in promoting alcohol abstinence for alcohol-dependent patients with liver cirrhosis. The Italian researchers have investigated the baclofen effectiveness in achieving alcohol abstinence with eighty four respondents...
- Acamprosate and naltrexone treatment effects on ethanol and sucrose seeking and intake in ethanol-dependent and nondependent rats. Czachowski, Cristine; DeLory, Michael // Psychopharmacology;Jun2009, Vol. 204 Issue 2, p335
Two pharmacotherapies are approved for treating alcohol craving (acamprosate and naltrexone), but both have shown mixed findings in animals and humans. The present experiments utilized a â€œreinforcer blockingâ€ approach (i.e., rats were able to consume ethanol during treatment) to...
- A model approach to peer-based alcohol and other drug prevention in college population. Grossman, Susan; Canterbury, Randolph J. // Journal of Alcohol & Drug Education;Winter94, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p50
Describes the Virginia Intervention Education Weekend (V.I.E.W), a peer-based alcohol and other drugs prevention program in Virginia. Development of the program; Focus on alcohol and other drug-related problems in Virginia's institutions for higher education; Goals of the program; V.I.E.W.'s...
- ABC board elections part one. Stacey, Ashley // Eastern Door;7/2/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p16
The article reports on the second round of elections of the Kahnawake's Alcoholic Beverages Control (ABC) Board on July 15, 2010 in Quebec.
- SNARKOLOGY: NEW YEAR, NEW YOU? NOT SO MUCH... SULAM, AMY // Out & About;Jan2015, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p29
In this article the author share her experience of addiction recovery and taking new year resolutions to quit drinking.
- Minimum alcohol pricing in Scotland. // Independent Nurse;6/4/2012, p7
The article offers information on Scotland to become the first European nation to introduce a minimum price per unit of alcohol.
- Does Caffeine Promote Sobriety? // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;2010, Issue 104, p18
The article focuses son a study on caffeine, published in the 2008 issue of "Nutrition Journal" which found that performance and alertness is increased by intaking coffee and other caffeinated beverages.
- 1999 Public Policy Conference on alcohol and other drugs. // NCADD Washington Report;Feb99, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p1
Highlights the 1999 Public Policy Conference on Alcohol and Other Drugs in the United States. Priority for parity for substance abuse treatment.