Low-dose budesonide improved asthma control in mild asthma; adding formoterol improved control in corticosteroid-treated patients
- Efficacy and safety of combined medium-dose mometasone furoate/formoterol (MF/F) in persistent asthmatics. Nathan, Robert A.; Pearlman, David S.; Nolte, Hendrik; Nayak, Anjuli // Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology;2010 Supplement 2, Vol. 6 Issue S2, p1
An abstract of the article "Efficacy and safety of combined medium-dose mometasone furoate/formoterol (MF/F) in persistent asthmatics," by Robert A. Nathan, David S. Pearlman, Hendrik Nolte, and Anjuli Nayak is presented.
- Beclometasone/formoterol single inhaler dominant in Germany. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;4/17/2010, Issue 601, p5
The article discusses research on the cost effectiveness of fixed combined beclometasone/formoterol for moderate-to-severe asthma, by B. Bruggenjurgen and colleagues, published in the February 2010 issue of "Allergy."
- Mometasone/formoterol provides clinically meaningful improvement in QOL. // PharmacoEconomics & Outcomes News;5/1/2010, Issue 602, p10
The article focuses on a research on the effect of mometasone/formoterol treatment for asthma on quality of life (QOL) of patients conducted by K. Murphy and colleagues and presented at the 66th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology in 2010.
- New long-acting bronchodilator also provides rapid onset. Chernin, Tammy // Drug Topics;3/19/2001, Vol. 145 Issue 6, p15
Presents information on Foradil Aerolizer, a formoterol fumarate inhalation powder from Novartis, for asthma sufferers. Its indications and contraindications; Basis of the United States Food and Drug Administration on approving the drug; Adverse reactions.
- ZENHALE lots recalled due to device malfunction. // Reactions Weekly;Mar2015, Vol. 1542 Issue 1, p8
The article offers information on the recall of the mometasone furoate/formoterol fumarate dihydrate inhalation aerosol (ZENHALE) products in Canada due to the possibility of device malfunction after 24 months shelf life.
- Asthma. // Current Medical Literature: Respiratory Medicine;2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p105
No abstract available.
- ï¿½Real-lifeï¿½-Daten zur Asthma-kontrolle mit Budesonid/Formoterol als Erhaltungs- und Bedarfstherapie: die Erfahrung in der Schweiz. Steurer-Stey, C.; Courteheuse, C.; Taegtmeyer, A. B.; Leuppi, J. D. // Praxis (16618157);11/18/2009, Vol. 98 Issue 23, p1335
Background: Asthma is not adequately controlled in many patients. A new approach in asthma treatment, known as Budesonide/Formoterol Maintenance and Reliever Therapy has shown improvement in asthma control compared to conventional therapy regimens. As Switzerland was the first European country...
- Formoterol Dry-Powder Inhalation — Novartis/SkyePharma: Foradil MDDPI, Foradil MDPI, Foradil SkyeHaler, Formoterol Fumarate Dry-Powder Inhalation. Adis International Limited // Drugs in R&D;2004, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p162
In November 1998, Novartis Pharma of Switzerland and SkyePharma PLC of the UK signed an agreement to jointly develop a new formulation of the Î²2-adrenoceptor agonist formoterol (ForadilÂ®). The new product, ForadilÂ® Certihalerâ„¢, utilises a multidose dry-powder inhaler (MDPI or...
- Budesonide/Formoterol Combination: A Viewpoint by Brian J. Lipworth. Lipworth, B.J. // Drugs;Jan2001, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p79
Presents a commentary on the use of inhaled budesonide and formoterol combination for asthma control. Advantage of the combination; Information on budesonide monotherapy; Limitation of the combination.