The inactivated trivalent split-virus influenza vaccine was safe in stable asthma
- Persistence of Antibodies to Influenza Hemagglutinin and Neuraminidase Following One or Two Years of Influenza Vaccination. Petrie, Joshua G.; Ohmit, Suzanne E.; Johnson, Emileigh; Truscon, Rachel; Monto, Arnold S. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;12/15/2015, Vol. 212 Issue 12, p1914
Background:Antibody titers to influenza hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA) surface antigens increase in the weeks after infection or vaccination, and decrease over time thereafter. However, the rate of decline has been debated. Methods:Healthy adults...
- A phase 1 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover trial of DAS181 (FludaseÂ®) in adult subjects with well-controlled asthma. Colombo, Rhonda E.; Fiorentino, Charles; Dodd, Lori E.; Hunsberger, Sally; Haney, Carissa; Barrett, Kevin; Nabha, Linda; Davey Jr., Richard T.; Olivier, Kenneth N.; Davey, Richard T Jr // BMC Infectious Diseases;2/1/2016, Vol. 16, p1
Background:Influenza virus (IFV) infection is associated with increased morbidity and mortality in people with underlying lung disease. Treatment options for IFV are currently limited and antiviral resistance is a growing concern. DAS181, an inhaled antiviral with a unique...
- Flu shot may protect asthmatics. Doheny, Kathleen // Shape;Sep2004, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p110
Informs that flu vaccine reduces asthma attacks.
- Influenza Vaccination and Asthma: Current Studies and Recommendations. Stephenson, I.; Nicholson, K.G. // BioDrugs;1999, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p223
Influenza is an important epidemic and pandemic illness associated with serious morbidity and mortality in unprotected communities. Patients at increased risk of infection are those with pre-existing cardiopulmonary disease including asthma. The influenza virus has the ability to produce...
- Flu Shot and Asthma. // Pediatrics for Parents;2001, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p1
Highlights a study which determined whether a flu shot may cause a worsening of children's asthma.
- Asthmatics at risk from flu vaccine. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;1994, Issue 68, p5
Reports on the risks among asthmatics from influenza vaccine. Complications caused by influenza vaccine.
- Flu vaccines little effect in asthma. // Pulse;9/23/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 36, p11
Reports on the effect of influenza vaccines on the asthmatic children in Great Britain. Comparison between influenza vaccine and placebo; Total number of children involved in the study.
- Innate Responses Induced by Whole Inactivated Virus or Subunit Influenza Vaccines in Cultured Dendritic Cells Correlate with Immune Responses In Vivo. Stoel, Maaike; Pool, Judith; de Vries-Idema, Jacqueline; Zaaraoui-Boutahar, Fatiha; Bijl, Maarten; Andeweg, Arno C.; Wilschut, Jan; Huckriede, Anke // PLoS ONE;May2015, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p1
Vaccine development involves time-consuming and expensive evaluation of candidate vaccines in animal models. As mediators of both innate and adaptive immune responses dendritic cells (DCs) are considered to be highly important for vaccine performance. Here we evaluated how far the response of...
- INFLUENZA VACCINE FOR HEALTHY ADULTS. Schwartz, Kendra // Journal of Family Practice;Apr1996, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p351
The article presents a study that investigated the health and economic benefits of influenza vaccination for healthy, working adults in Minnesota. The study involved individuals 18 to 64 years old, employed full-time and had no medical conditions that could lead to influenza complications. They...