An early invasive strategy was effective in the acute coronary syndrome with elevated cardiac troponin I and T levels
- unexpected ARREST. Starr, David S. // Cortlandt Forum;03/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p61
Discusses the case of a patient with subendocardial infarction. Survival from an arrest; Use of telemetry after catheterization; Amount of time that the patient did not have oxygen.
- Ischaemic Heart Disease. // Current Medical Literature: Cardiology;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p36
Presents citations and clinicians' notes on ischaemic heart disease. Impact of diabetes mellitus and prior myocardial infarction on mortality from all causes and from coronary heart disease in men; Coronary atherosclerosis in diabetes mellitus; Coronary artery perforation during percutaneous...
- The Myth of Acute â€˜Mildâ€™ Myocardial Infarction. Madias, John E.; Gorlin, Richard // Annals of Internal Medicine;Mar77, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p347
Describes patients with acute myocardial infarction and an uncomplicated early clinical course often thought to have suffered a mild myocardial infarction. Diagnosis of previous myocardial infarction; Short-term prognosis of patients with acute atypical or mild myocardial infarction;...
- Coronary Artery Spasm, Coronary Artery Thrombosis, and Myocardial Infarction. Luchi, Robert J. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Oct81, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p502
Editorial. Comments on the link between coronary artery spasm, coronary artery thrombosis and myocardial infarction. Discrepancy of the literature on the link between the disease; Previous studies on the disease; Factors that influence the pathogenesis of acute myocardial infarction.
- Posterior myocardial infarction with isolated ST elevations in V8 and V9: Is this an "ST elevation MI:? Brown, Lance; Sims, Jessica; Conforto, Alessandra // CJEM: Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine;Mar2003, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p115
Reports the case of a 53-year-old man whose first manifestation of coronary artery disease was an acute isolated posterior myocardial infarction in Canada. Symptoms and diagnosis; Treatment options; Implications on emergency medicine.
- Heart Attack: Danger Signs in Voice. // Quintessence International;Mar1980, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p80
An excerpt from an article by Arnold Legh on the vocal danger signals of heart attack, that was published in the journal "Sunday Times" is presented.
- Do You Know the Signs of a Heart Attack? Elder, Nina // Better Homes & Gardens;Aug2000, Vol. 78 Issue 8, p177
Provides first-aid tips for heart attacks. Calling 911 and chewing of aspirin immediately; Placing of a nitroglycerin tablet under the tongue; Sitting in a recliner to help with breathlessness.
- Myocardial Infarct Extension: Occurrence, Outcome, and Risk Factors in the Multicenter Investigation of Limitation of Infarct Size. Muller, James E.; Rude, Robert E.; Braunwald, Eugene; Hartwell, Tyler D.; Roberts, Robert; Sobel, Burton E.; Ritter, Cynthia; Parker, Corette B.; Jaffe, Allan S.; Stone, Peter H.; Raabe Jr., Daniel S.; Willerson, James T.; Robertson, Thomas // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jan88, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p1
Provides information on a study which determined the occurrence, outcome and predictors of myocardial infarct extension in 848 patients with acute myocardial infarction. Indication of multivariable analyses; Risk factors for infarct extension; Reason for the possibility to improve outcome of...
- My heart attack could save your life. Gower, Timothy // Better Homes & Gardens;Aug99, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p78
Focuses of aspects of heart attack. Incidence of heart attack in the United States; Symptoms; Focus on the heart attack experiences of three persons; Cardiac rehabilitation.