- Thorax online submission. // Thorax;Dec2002, Vol. 57 Issue 12, p1004
Provides instructions about the new online submission and review system of manuscripts for the journal "Thorax." Significance of the use of Internet in the submission and review of manuscripts; Graphic formats supported by the journal's online system; Instructions for registering with the system.
- Scholarly Tweets: Measuring Research Impact via Altmetrics. Featherstone, Robin M. // Journal of the Canadian Health Libraries Association (JCHLA);Aug2014, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p60
The article discusses the benefits and drawbacks of using alternative metrics or almetrics in determining a journal's research impact. Topics covered include the limitations of impact factor (IF) for specialized journal than generalized publications, almetrics' inclusion of references outside of...
- OLDMEDLINE is Another Year Older with the Addition of the 1946 CLML Citations. // NLM Technical Bulletin;Nov/Dec2010, Issue 377, p3
The article focuses on the addition of more than 48, 000 citations in the MEDLINEÂ®/PubMedÂ® from the 1946 Current List of Medical Literature (CLML).
- Making PubMed Searching Simple: Learning to Retrieve Medical Literature Through Interactive Problem Solving. Beatriz Vincent // Oncologist;Mar2006, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p243
Searching the literature has a direct, beneficial influence on patient care. The amount of medical scientific information has increased to a great extent, while the development of networking technologies has broadened access to online databases. Successful searches depend upon understanding...
- Find, Browse and Follow Biomedical Literature with PubMed Journals. // NLM Technical Bulletin;Sep/Oct2016, Issue 412, p24
The article presents a reprint of an announcement from the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) related to challenges in the latest biomedical literature and the need to keep the new PubMed Journals from NCBI updated.
- PubMed Homepage Enhanced. // NLM Technical Bulletin;Sep/Oct2016, Issue 412, p27
The article reports that the PubMed homepage will be updated with new opportunities to browse content of recent interest that will include new features such as Latest Literature and existing features like Trending Articles and PubMed Commons.
- THE EFFECT OF DEPRIVATION, AGE AND SEX ON NHS DIRECT CALL RATES. Cooper, C.; Arnold, E.; Smith, G. // Education for Primary Care;Jul2005, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p504
NHS Direct was set up in 1998. This study looks at usage and sets out to see whether the usage has any connection with age, sex and deprivation. Most calls came for under 5s, >- male. Most calls came from areas that were neither deprived nor affluent; however, deprivation seemed to have an...
- Farewell Editorial. // Canadian Journal on Aging;Winter2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p303
Offers some reflections on some of the accomplishments of the "Canadian Journal on Aging" from 2000 to 2004. Inclusion of the journal in MEDLINE: Medical Literature, Analysis, and Retrieval System Online and its print counterpart; Changes within the journal; Significance of the journal's...
- "Guidelines for Medical and Health Information Sites on the Internet [and] Guidelines for AMA Web Sites" // Marketing Health Services;Summer2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p36
The article presents a review of the paper "Guidelines for Medical and Health Information Sites on the Internet (and) Guidelines for AMA Web Sites," by Margaret A. Winker, et. al.