NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD
- Feels like fall. Grainger, James // Quill & Quire;Jan2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p18
Features novels and other fiction to be released by Canadian publishers in spring 2003. Inclusion of 'Oryx and Crake,' by Margaret Atwood; 'Choosing His Coffin: The Best Stories of Austin Clarke,' by Austin Clarke; 'Pattern Recognition,' by William Gibson; 'Spaces in Between: Selected Poems...
- Know the News. // Weekly Reader News - Edition 3;9/4/2009, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p4
A quiz about the stories published within the issue is presented.
- Self-Help Book Publishers Find Good Subjects In Bad Times. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;11/26/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 47, p1
Reports developments on book publications as of November 2001. Impact of the terrorist attacks on self-help book publishers; Launching of the novel of Jonathan Franzen 'The Corrections'; Sales of the novel 'Skipping Christmas' by John Grishams.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD. // Book Publishing Report;1/6/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p3
Lists the top publishers of hardcover fiction books. Rank of Random House in the list; Number of books published by Time Warner; Total number of weeks spent by Harcourt in the bestseller list.
- HarperCollins U.K. Snags Thoroughly Modern Michel From Vintage to Head New Literary Division. // Book Publishing Report;2/3/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the publication of literary books by HarperPress in Great Britain. Creation of HarperFiction; Establishment of HarperEntertainment; Factors affecting the publication of audiobooks.
- Editorial. Rusch, Kristine Kathry // Fantasy & Science Fiction;Dec96, Vol. 91 Issue 6, p8
Editorial. Delves on the challenges faced by the science fiction publishing industry in the 1990s. Readers' queries on book clubs; Readers' need for funds to buy new books; Reasons why writers usually start out with strong first novels and follow them with works of lesser quality.
- A novel proposal. Allen, Moira // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Sep2001, Vol. 114 Issue 9, p51
Recommends steps to take in submitting novels to publishers. Reasons of publishers for rejecting novels; Importance of finishing the novel before submission; Ways of searching for potential publishers; Preparation of the novel for submission. INSET: A query package they'll want to open.
- NEW FACES, OLD FAVES. Archer, Bert // Quill & Quire;Jan1997, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p18
Presents information related to books and publishing as of January 1, 1997. List of novels to be published by the company Knopf; Launch of the third book by author Nancy Huston; List of short fiction books to be published in 1997. INSET: QUILL'S PICKS.
- Revisiting THE SCENE OF THE CRIME. Frederick, Heather Vogel // Publishers Weekly;4/24/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 17, p38
Reflects on the changes in the publishing of mystery books in the 1990s. Trends in the next 10 years; Growth of the genre; Philosophical view on the direction of the business. INSETS: Mysteries on the Net;Partners in Crime.