European finance ministers agree on bailout fund after lengthy talks
- European finance ministers agree on bailout fund after lengthy talks. Ben Haugh // Daily Mail;6/21/2013, p2
THE hopes for Ireland recouping its bank bailout costs were boosed last night as European finance ministers finally ended lengthy discussions.
- Capital controls are just the beginning. Maley, Karen // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);6/30/2015, p27
The article reports on Greece Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras' June 2015 introduction of capital controls after eurozone finance ministers refused to extend the country's bailout deadline that led the European Central Bank to freeze the amount of emergency funding it provided to keep banks afloat.
- BAILOUTS TO HIT SAVINGS OF â‚¬100K OR MORE. // Daily Mail;7/ 1/2013, p4
IRISH banks could face fresh funding crises after an agreement among EU finance ministers to limit the cost to the taxpayer of future bank bailouts.
- Pakistan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/4/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 49, p20
Reports that Finance Minister Ishaq Dar of Pakistan has agreed on an economic bailout package with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank. Significance of the loan; Features of the loan package.
- Varoufakis Seeks Out A Winning Strategy. Drucker, Vanessa // Global Finance;Mar2015, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p4
The article reports that Greek Finance Minister is trying to alter the terms of the 2010 Greek bailout by the European Union (EU), the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the European Central Bank to address the Greek austerity.
- EU ministers try again to work Greek bailout deal. Russell Lynch // Evening Standard;11/26/2012, p45
EUROPE'S finance ministers were locked in talks in Brussels today as they struggled to thrash out a deal to unlock crucial bailout funds to help Greece avoid a catastrophic default.
- Cyprus Rescue Called Model. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/26/2013, pA01
2 Future bank bailouts could resemble those in Cyprus, where shareholders, bondholders and some depositors will take big losses, eurozone finance ministers chief Jeroen Dijsselbloem told Reuters and the Fin'l Times. That's a shift from using European Stability Mechanism bailout funds. After...
- Ireland gives thumbs down to EU bailout. Walsh, Jason // Christian Science Monitor;11/16/2010, pN.PAG
Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen insisted this evening that his country's finances are not in crisis and that Ireland does not need a bailout from the European Union or the International Monetary Fund.
- Berlin OKs 3rd Rescue Talks. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;7/20/2015, pA01
2 Germany's parliament approved advancing to talks with Greece on its third bailout after Chancellor Angela Merkel warned of "chaos" under any other scenario. Separately, the European Union agreed to send 7.2 bil euros ($7.8 bil) of bridge financing to help Greek banks reopen Mon. and to ensure...