New developments in analytical ultracentrifugation and related macromolecular modelling techniques
- Spin control. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/09/96, Vol. 145 Issue 24, p17
Informs that the US Army Corps of Engineers has begun operations on what they believe to be the world's most powerful research centrifuge. Weight, arm assembly, maximum acceleration, and maximum payload of the centrifuge; Maximum g-force that can be applied by the centrifuge's computerized data...
- Fine-tunable centrifuge conserves energy. King, Russell H. // Design News;10/24/94, Vol. 50 Issue 20, p67
Presents guidelines for the design and construction of centrifuges. Advantages derived from fine-tunable centrifuges; Use of centrifuges in industries.
- Pusher centrifuges... // Power;Jul95, Vol. 139 Issue 7, p68
Features pusher centrifuges from B&P Process Equipment and Systems LLC.
- New products. // BioScience;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p504
Features the benchtop centrifuge with a 7 x 7 x 8 inch footprint from Shelton Scientific Manufacturing, Inc. Product features; Contact information.
- The endocytic protein intersectin is a major binding partner for the Ras exchange factor mSos1 in rat brain. Xin-Kang Tong; Hussain, Natasha K.; de Heuvel, Elaine; Kurakin, Alexei; Abi-Jaoude, Elia; Quinn, Christopher C.; Olson, Micheal F.; Marais, Richard; Baranes, Danny; Kay, Brian K.; McPherson, Peter S. // EMBO Journal;3/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1263
We recently identified intersectin, a protein containing two EH and five SH3 domains, as a component of the endocytic machinery. The N-terminal SH3 domain (SH3A), unlike other SH3 domains from intersectin or various endocytic proteins, specifically inhibits intermediate events leading to the...
- The Use of Flotation in Fat Recovery and the Pretreatment of Wastewaters from Animal Fat Production. Zak, S.; Pawlak, Z. // Polish Journal of Environmental Studies;2006, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p507
This paper presents a method of fat recovery from wastewaters produced in the process of wet rendering. The solution may be used in protein recovery and for pretreatment of wastewaters. The essence of the method is based on dissolved air flotation (DAF) used to separate fats in the 1st stage and...
- Origins of homochirality. Bada, Jeffrey L. // Nature;4/13/1995, Vol. 374 Issue 6523, p594
Reports on various studies on the origins of biomolecular homochirality. Homochirality as a consequence of universal fundamental physical processes; Necessity of a pure chiral medium for the origin of life; Homochirality as a consequence of life; Physical mechanisms for the generation of...
- Centrifuge removes sludge and suspended solids from... Jordan, John M.; Bradbury, Johanna L. // Modern Machine Shop;May98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p376
Introduces Clarifuge, a device which separates suspended solids from a wide variety of liquids without the need for cartridges, cloth or paper filter, from Barrett Centrifugals Incorporated. Features; Some common liquids that can be effectively cleaned.
- Physics of a centrifuge. VERMA, S. S. // Chemical Business;Sep2010, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p34
The article discusses physics governing centrifuge and its scientific and commercial applications. The mechanism of centrifugation is based on the action of centripetal and centripetal forces, which are the action-reaction force pair associated with circular motion. A centrifuge, when powered by...