- Talking globe, corn-based polymers among honored innovations. Mraz, Stephen J. // Machine Design;09/25/97, Vol. 69 Issue 18, p39
Reports that the winner of the 1997 100 R&D awards made by R&D Magazine was Battelle, with a nonintuitive sensor that uses the thermal response of a pipeline's external wall to determine the pipeline's pressure development. Detailed information on the device; Developers of the device.
- Battelle Predictions. // Global Cosmetic Industry;Feb99, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p12
Reports that the total expenditures in research and development in the United States are expected to increase according to the annual Battelle-`R&D Magazine' forecast. Other predictions.
- Battelle wins. // Appliance Manufacturer;Sep96, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p24
Cites the six R&D Magazine 100 awards won by Battelle. Includes Battelle's development of The Porous Insert.
- Battelle building oil weathering lab to help direct oil spill cleanups. // Journal of Environmental Health;Nov94, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the plans of the company Battelle to construct a facility at its oceanographic laboratory for studying the effects of weathering on crude oil. Cost of the facility; Cooperative work with IKU Petroleum Research; Computer work.
- The Birth of a Fiber Optics Company. // R&D Magazine;Dec2001, Vol. 43 Issue 12, pI24
Focuses on the history of Photonic Integration Research Inc. (PIRI), a dense wavelength division multiplexer company built by Battelle of Columbus, Ohio. Information on the technology behind PIRI; Early products of PIRI; Vision behind PIRI.
- Agreements/contracts. // Medical Device Daily;9/10/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 176, p3
This article reports on the involvement of scientists at Battelle in multiple research projects to understand the upward trend in childhood obesity in the U.S.
- CEO's MESSAGE: R&D INTERNATIONAL. Kohrt, Carl F. // R&D Magazine;Sep2006, Vol. 48 Issue 9, following p15
The article discusses the development in works of Battelle and R& D Magazine. Battle and R& D Magazine have jointly analyzed trends in U.S. government and industrial research and development. Research and development activity is no longer limited to traditional strongholds like North America,...
- U.S. R&D spending expected to grow 2.4%. Machlis, Sharon // Design News;5/23/94, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p14
Reports on the expected rise in research and development (R&D) spending in the United States for 1994 according to Battelle's annual R&D Forecast. Inflation as a main factor in the increase; Statistics; Contact information.
- State bioscience strategy update released. // Corridor Business Journal;4/4/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 37, p11
The article offers information on the report conducted by the Battelle Memorial Institute which recommends that Iowa is investing aggressively to build bioscience research and development.