New Arkansas AG Wants Court to Reconsider Debt-Service Tax Question
- Minnesota. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;07/30/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30198, p30
Reports on Standard & Poor's upgrading of the Minnesota School District Credit Enhancement Program. Upgrading of the state's general obligation debt; State's debt service payments for school districts that do not make their payments at least three days before they are due to the paying agent.
- Sorting Out Debt Service. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p1
Reports on the proposed alternative to the current school finance system in Texas. Elimination of local school property taxes; Expansion of debt service assistance to school districts; Inclusion of a statewide tax to finance teacher health insurance programs.
- ADVERTISING IN SCHOOL. TOMASSINI, JASON // Education Week;2/8/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p5
The article discusses "School Commercialism: High Costs, Low Revenues," a survey conducted by the U.S. nonprofit Public Citizen regarding differences between the revenue generated by school districts that sell advertising space to private companies and school budget deficits.
- St. Tammany Parish Schools Start to Tap Authorization. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/11/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32897, p3
The article reports on the plan of St. Tammany Parish Wide School District No. 12 in Louisiana to issue the first tranche from $167 million of debt authorized by voters in March 2008. It includes the competitive sale of $67 million of 20-year general obligation bonds. The bonds are rated AA by...
- TEXAS: Navarro ISD Gets Its Tax. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32479, p33
The article reports on the approval of a tax levy plan of Navarro Independent School District in South Texas. The plan would allow the district to levy a property tax rate of $1.82 per $100 of assessed valuation. The tax rate includes $1.50 per $100 of assessed valuation for maintenance and...
- Texas Lawmakers to Weigh Changes to Permanent School Fund. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/2/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32500, p3
The article reports on the move by the lawmakers in Dallas, Texas to streamline the state government's awarding of debt service assistance to school districts and to expand the bond guarantee capacity for the Permanent School Fund. It has been stated that lawmakers were asking for a testimony...
- School Money Issues Persist. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/13/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32567, p9
The article reports on the debt service assistance of Arkansas to poor districts in the state. The lawyers who represented the school districts that sued the state in 2004 are concerned about eight funding issues that the state needs to address. Despite the debt services assistance given by the...
- Three California School Districts Ready $98M in Refinancing Issues. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32263, p44
Reports on the advancement of a deal to refinance emergency loans issued to three California school districts. Total amount of the deals; Cause of the delays; Ratings assigned to the deals.
- OKLAHOMA: Jenks Schools Break Ground. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/13/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33198, p9
The article announces several projects by the Tulsa County Independent School District No. 5 in Oklahoma. It notes that the project are wholly or partially financed with proceeds from 155 million of lease revenue bonds that has been approved by voters in 2008. It stresses that the bonds are...