Yields Little Changed, Treasuries Rally Ahead of Holiday
- Minnesota's MnSCU Higher Education System Readying Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;2/10/2015, p34
The article reports that the Board of Trustees of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system will accept competitive bids on February 11, 2015 on 78 million U.S. dollars of new money and refunding bonds. Topics mentioned include how the sale would include a 36 million U.S. dollars...
- Market Post: With No Jobs Number, Munis Open Flat. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;10/7/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33991, p1
The article reports that there has been flat activity in the U.S. municipal bond market due to the government shutdown and debt ceiling debate. According to a stock trader from New York State, there has been flat trading in tax-exempted market on October 4, 2013 and also there has been a decline...
- Munis Weaken as BAML Wins $480M Illinois GOs. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;1/15/2016, Vol. 1 Issue F350, p1
Top-quality municipal bonds finished weaker on Thursday, traders said, as Bank of America Merrill Lynch won the competitive bidding for Illinois' $480 million of general obligation bonds. BAML won the state's Series of January 2016 unlimited tax GOs with a true interest cost of 3.9989%.
- Virginia Moving Ahead With $160 Million, Public-Private Road Deal. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/26/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31352, p4
Reports developments in the tax-exempt bond deal for financing road improvements in Virginia. Cooperation between the counties of Fairfax and Loudoun, and the Shirley Contracting Corp. private developer; Expenditure of the special tax on commercial real estate; Estimation of project cost.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p33
Presents a chart depicting short-term tax-exempt yields in the U.S.
- Treasury Releases Plan to Write New Rules on Tax-Exempts. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;7/11/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31425, p4
Focuses on the rules implemented by the Treasury Department for tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. Penalties imposed for tax violations; Allocation of funds for private activity debt; Extension of time to file information on returns.
- IRS Enforcement Imperils Tax-Exempt Bonds (Part II). Kennard, Alan L. // Corporate Business Taxation Monthly;Dec99, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p11
Discusses the requirements that must be met in order for interest on a bond to qualify as tax-exempt. Definition of a private-activity bond; Types of tax-exempt bonds; Information on arbitrage bonds.
- NEW YORK: Atlantic Yards Deal Closes. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/28/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33239, p9
The article reports on the closure of the Brooklyn Arena Development Corp. on the 511 million dollar tax-exempt bonds to finance the Barclays Center on December 23, 2009.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p36
Presents market statistics related to short-term tax-exempt bond yields of the U.S. as of February 11, 2002. Statistics on municipal market data.