Port of Seattle Set to Hike Property Levy for Debt Service, Projects
- Sorting Out Debt Service. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/9/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31361, p1
Reports on the proposed alternative to the current school finance system in Texas. Elimination of local school property taxes; Expansion of debt service assistance to school districts; Inclusion of a statewide tax to finance teacher health insurance programs.
- Asking too much? LEOS III, MOSES // Free Press (Buda, TX);8/26/2015, Vol. 119 Issue 22, p3A
The article focuses on the opposition of citizens in Kyle, Texas to the proposed increase in property tax rate which according to city council member Damon Fogley, he views the proposal as being responsible in terms of addressing debt service.
- MARYLAND: Montgomery Offers Budget. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;3/24/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32841, p9
The article focuses on the release of $4.3 billion operating budget by Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett for fiscal 2009 in Maryland. The budget includes the funding plan for debt service of $1.8 billion of general obligation debt issueance by the county over the next six years. It...
- Mesa, Ariz., Faces Secondary Property Tax for 1st Time in 60 Years. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/3/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32827, p34
The article reports on the plan of the city of Mesa in Arizona to levy a secondary property tax for debt service if voters approve a $408.8 million general obligation municipal bonds package in November 2008. Deputy city manager Bryan Raines shares that the city of 450,000 is the largest in the...
- New Mexico eyes legislative fix for Bernalillo County debt service loophole. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;01/26/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30815, p3
Reports that New Mexico lawmakers are expected to close a loophole that allows Bernalillo County to pay part of its debt service out of operating revenues. County's avoidance of cap relevant to property tax revenues; State voters' rejection of general obligation bond issues backed by property...
- Jersey City Sets $197Mr Refunding. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;3/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32337, p1
The article reports on debt refunding and restructuring plans of Jersey City, New Jersey to cut its debt service payments and impose a lower property tax increase for the 2006 fiscal year. Officials believe that the deal will provide flexibility for the 2007 budget. The following firms will lead...
- Texas Special School Session May Be on Tap for March. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/10/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31838, p7
No abstract available.
- Moodys Change Sparks $3B in South Carolina School Upgrades. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/17/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32092, p29
Reports on the revision of the credit ratings given by Moody's Investors Service Inc. to school districts in South Carolina. Recognition of the key role counties have in managing school district debt; Role played by counties in levying and collecting property taxes and paying school bond debt...
- ARKANSAS: Board of Ed's Bond Reversal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/19/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33117, p9
The article reports that the Arkansas Board of Education has reversed its decision on the plan of the Pulaski County Special School Districts to issue $81.4 million of 27-year general obligation (GO) bonds in April 2009. The board decided to reverse an earlier rejection of the plan, which calls...