IRS Publishing Newsletter to Help Compliance
- Internet Check for Refund Status. // Practical Accountant;Aug2002, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p18
Reports the Internet-based service of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service allowing taxpayers to check the status of refunds. Effectivity of the Web application; Knowledge on the Social Security number, filing status and the amount of refund; Advantages of the electronic service.
- A week to go and you need a form? Wiener, Leonard // U.S. News & World Report;4/17/95, Vol. 118 Issue 15, p87
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service and commercial online services have greatly expanded their ability in 1995 to send tax forms, instructions and publications electronically. Various offerings available from CompuServe, America Online, GEnie, Prodigy, the Internet and others; Tips on...
- Recommendations for Executive Action. // GAO Reports;4/16/2013, p28
The article focuses on recommendations for enhancement of online services of the U.S. Internal Revenue Services (IRS) by making long-term strategy which includes performance metrics, studying practices of other organizations and establishing a measurable goal.
- Appendix IV: Comments from the Department of Treasury. // GAO Reports;4/16/2013, p37
An appendix is presented of comments from the U.S. Department of Treasury related to requirement of a long-term strategy in improvement of interactive services of the online services of the U.S. Internal Revenue Services (IRS).
- IRS technical guidance should help plan sponsors. Palmieri, Frank // Employee Benefit News;Feb99, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p57
Provides information on regulations from the United States (US) Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on the use of technology to administer retirement plans under the 1997 Taxpayer Relief Act. Summary of the guidance; Reason for caution in implementing the guidelines; Additional comments contained in...
- IRS regulators put heat on double-dipping health plans. Gunsauley, Craig // Employee Benefit News;Mar2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p11
Reports on the stand of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service towards a health plan design that gives sponsors and employees a tax break by reclassifying premium payments as reimbursements. Details of the health plan design; Provision of the Revenue Ruling 2002-3 released in January 2002; Reason for...
- IRS Dismayed Over Issuers' Silent Ways. Kinnander, Ola; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/26/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31126, p1
Reports the disappointment of Internal Revenue State (IRS) official Charles Anderson over the lack of disclosure on adverse audit letters in the United States. Penalty for bonds violating the tax law; Need for bond issuers to close agreement discussions; Relevance of IRS adverse determination...
- Estate Planning Developments. Marcus, Fred J.; Freeman, Douglas K. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Nov98, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p8
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Restructuring and Reform Bill of 1998 was passed by the U.S. House on June 25, 1998 and by the U.S. Senate in July 1998. The law is of a multifaceted nature. Changes in the estate and gift tax areas are enumerated. A provision excluding the value of...
- IRS Lists Tax Law Changes for 2000. // Business Credit;Mar2000, Vol. 102 Issue 3, p71
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's tax law changes for the year 2000. Includes standard mileage rate; Meal expense deduction.