IRS Releases 2003 Allocations for QZAB Program
- At Home. Evans, M. Stanton // National Review Bulletin;10/20/1978, Vol. 30 Issue 42, p158
The article comments on the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) proposal to force private schools to accept a network of federal controls as a condition of their survival. It is proposed that there must be schools must be required to implement a program of racial and ethnic quotas or else be...
- States Are Rethinking 'Tuition Futures' Plans, Survey Finds. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;11/8/1989, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p15
The article focuses on college-prepayment plans in which U.S. states is fractioned in implementing because of concerns over federal taxes and future cost. Among states in the U.S., eleven have adopted tuition-prepayment plan, in which benefactors can pay a sum that will cover future...
- Reagan Critics Fight New Tax Policy in Court and Congress. Caldwell, Peggy // Education Week;1/19/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p1
The article reports that U.S. President Ronald Reagan will submit to the Congress a legislation barring racial discrimination by tax exempt schools in the wake of criticisms from civil-rights groups, private school organizations, and several members of Congress, including some Republicans. The...
- HIGHER EDUCATION. Ferrin, Scott Ellis // Yearbook of Education Law;2005, p201
The article focuses on the cases related to higher education in the U.S. In 2004, the courts addressed significant issues that should affect higher education, especially as those claims progress through final appeals. Issues of copyright which are related to entrance examinations pitted an...
- Political Groups Fund Education Messages. Davis, Michelle R. // Education Week;11/3/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p29
The article reports that regardless of results November 2, political analysts will remember the 2004 elections in part for the ubiquitous-and controversial- role played by such 527 groups, named after a section of the federal tax code. The centrist New Democrat Network, based in Washington, used...
- IRS says moving allowance is non-taxable. // All Hands;Oct95, Issue 942, p2
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled on Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), Dislocation Allowance (DLA) and Move-in Housing Allowance (MHA). Details of statement issued by IRS.
- NFIB campaign to abolish the IRS code gains steam. // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p69
Reports that the NFIB's Campaign to abolish the IRS Code was endorsed by Trent Lott, Senate Majority Leader and Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House and a bipartisan group of federal legislators in the United States.
- The statistics corner: Information from tax returns: The statistics of income program of the... Petska, Tom; Scheuren, Fritz // Business Economics;Jul92, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p66
Part II. Describes the short-term modernization of work processes of the US Internal Revenue Service. Restructurization of management practices; Program timeliness; Tracking of demographic changes; Data access; Conceptual consistency of data items.
- Client alert: VCR for qualified plans. // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the Voluntary Compliance Resolution (VCR) program initiated by the Internal Revenue Service in 1992. Availability in 1994.