Municipals Gain, Treasuries Rally; Rhode Island Sells $150M Tan Deal
- Munis Weaker Ahead of Fed Rate Announcement. Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/25/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32906, p2
The article reports on the weak performance of the U.S. municipal market as of June 24, 2008. It showed a slightly weaker performance in light trading but is ahead of the interest rate as announced by the Federal Reserve. The municipal bonds declined compared to Treasuries and the ratio between...
- Munis Weaker After Higher Payroll Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32525, p2
The article examines the performance of bonds in the U.S. bond market as of December 2006. The municipal bonds slowed due to higher nonfarm payrolls in November. On the other hand, tax-exempt bonds are weaker by two or three basis points. The performance of bonds are also affected by the revised...
- Munis Unchanged, Treasuries Rise; Texas Sells $7.43 Billion of Trans. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;8/27/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31707, p2
Reports that while there was little change in the market for municipal bonds in the U.S. on August 26, 2003, while treasuries rose and Texas led the new-issue market with the sale of 7.43 billion dollars of tax and revenue anticipation notes. Government response to the rise in the consumer...
- Munis Slightly Firmer With Lower Yields. Scarchilli, Michael; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/29/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32702, p2
The article presents information on the municipal market in the U.S. The municipal market remained slightly firmer on August 28, 2007 with yields lower by two or three basis points. The yield on the benchmark 10-year treasury note was opened at 4.57 percent in the treasury market. Economic data...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, March 30. // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p2
Reports on the performance of the government bonds market as of March 30, 2004. Consumer confidence index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Municipals Come Out of Free-Fall As Demand for New Issues Picks Up. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/31/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31853, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. in March 30, 2004. Consumer confidence index; Municipal bond yields; 10-year municipal/Treasury yield ratio.
- Munis Flat in Light to Moderate Trading. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;07/29/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33157, p2
The article reports on the municipal bond's moderate trading activity in the U.S. in July 2009. It notes that the triple-A muni scale in 10 years was at 81.5 percent of comparable Treasuries as mentioned by the Municipal Market Data. It also notes that economists surveyed by Thomson Reuters...
- Conference Board Nov. Consumer Confidence Index Drops to 88.7. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;11/26/2014, Issue 34217, p1
The consumer confidence index fell to 88.7 in November from a revised 94.1 last month, The Conference Board reported Tuesday.
- Firming Treasuries Help Inspire Confidence Among Muni Buyers. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31892, p2
Reports that buyers continued to materialize in the United States municipal market on May 25, 2004, driving prices higher as confidence among investors increased due to firmness in Treasuries and a modest new-issue calendar. Governments mostly higher while equities also gained during the...