Chromosome biology: Nonrandom chromatid segregation in stem cells
- The Application of Chiral Oxazolidinethiones and Thiazolidinethiones in Asymmetric Synthesis. Velazquez, Francisco; Olivo, Horacio F. // Current Organic Chemistry;Apr2002, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p303
Oxazolidinethiones and thiazolidinethiones constitute a class of versatile chiral auxiliaries for asymmetric synthesis. Their easy preparation from readily available ï¿½-amino-alcohols and the high levels of asymmetric induction they provide make them excellent chiral auxiliaries useful for...
- Opening of the central Atlantic and asymmetric mantle upwelling phenomena: Implications for long... Oyarzun, Roberto; Doblas, Miguel // Geology;Aug97, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p727
Provides information on a study of the processes on opening the central Atlantic and asymmetric mantel upwelling phenomena relating to long-lived magmatism in western North Africa and Europe. Information on the proposal for a model; Conclusion reached.
- Asymmetric synthesis by enantiomer-selective activation of racemic catalysts. Mikami, Koichi; Matsukawa, Satoru // Nature;2/13/1997, Vol. 385 Issue 6617, p613
Describes an alternative, conceptually opposite strategy to asymmetric catalysis in which a chiral activator selectively activates one enantiomer of a racemic chiral catalyst. The use of a catalyst which is a titanium (IV) complex; The action of a chiral additive as the chiral activator; The...
- Editorial. Jincheng Mao // Current Organic Chemistry;Oct2009, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p1497
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including a review of asymmetric alkynylation of imines, another on asymmetric alkynylation reaction of aldehydes by a Zn(OTf)2-chiral ligand-base system, and the asymmetric alkynylation of ketones.
- New synthesis method of fullerenes using microwave-induced naphthalene-nitrogen plasma at.... Ikeda, Tetsuya; Kamo, Toshihiro // Applied Physics Letters;8/14/1995, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p900
Investigates the latest synthesis method of fullerenes for microwave-induced naphthalene-nitrogen plasma at atmospheric pressure. Use of a cylindrical coaxial cavity in the study; Retention times of the toluene extract solution of soot obtained after discharges; Comparison of the gas...
- Gaussian random fields with two level-cutsâ€”Model for asymmetric microemulsions with nonzero spontaneous curvature? Arleth, Lise; Marc˘elja, Stjepan; Zemb, Thomas // Journal of Chemical Physics;8/22/2001, Vol. 115 Issue 8
The microstructure of a microemulsion is dominated by the thermodynamics of the surfactant interface between the oil and water domains. As the spontaneous curvature of this surfactant interface is strongly temperature dependent the microstructure of microemulsions also becomes temperature...
- Hexapole state-selection and orientation of asymmetric top molecules: CH[sub 2]F[sub 2]. Hain, Toby D.; Moision, Robert M.; Curtiss, Thomas J. // Journal of Chemical Physics;10/15/1999, Vol. 111 Issue 15, p6797
Discusses hexapole state-selection and orientation of asymmetric top molecules. Focusing of molecular beams of the b-type assymetric top molecule methylenefluoride; Rotational state-selection with an electrostatic hexapole; Dependence of rotational energy on electric field strength; Rotational...
- Polydentate nanoplatform based on hyperbranched polyol Boltorn. Kutyreva, M. P.; Usmanova, G. Sh.; Ulakhovich, N. A.; Karataeva, F. Kh.; Rezepova, M. V.; Kutyrev, G. A. // Russian Journal of General Chemistry;Mar2009, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p511
A letter to the editor is presented on the method of synthesizing a polydentate coordinationally active nanoplatforms based on the BoltornH2O.
- Control and induction of surface-confined homochiral porous molecular networks. Tahara, Kazukuni; Yamaga, Hiroyuki; Ghijsens, Elke; Inukai, Koji; Adisoejoso, Jinne; Blunt, Matthew O.; De Feyter, Steven; Tobe, Yoshito // Nature Chemistry;Nov2014, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p1024
A correction to the article "Control and induction of surface-confined homochiral porous molecular networks" by Kazukuni Tahara and colleagues that was published in the 2011 issue, volume threee and pages 714 to 719 where it failed to state that correct energy values.