- Gateshead store dares to be different. // Cabinet Maker;9/2/2005, Issue 5454, p5
Reports on the new opening of a distribution center for DP Furniture Express in Gateshead, England. Features of the new store; Statement of company chairman John Marshall on the significance of the new establishment for DP's centrally-owned shops; Coverage of the Gateshead distribution center.
- Millionaire action man. // Cabinet Maker;9/28/2001, Issue 5257, p37
Profiles businessman John Marshall of Durnham Pine in Great Britain. Contributions to the furniture industry; Advice for incoming furniture industry businessmen; Gratefulness to a man called Goodwin.
- Credit card setback. // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p5
The article focuses on the failure of John Marshall, former chairman of DP Furniture Express, to secure a deal for a credit card provider. It is a great setback for Marshall. He wanted to reconstruct a furniture chain following the administration of DP Furniture Express. He expected to establish...
- Marshall to switch DP to the franchise route. // Cabinet Maker;9/24/2004, Issue 5407, p3
Reports that John Marshall, chairman of DP Furniture, is franchising more than 90 percent of its stores to increase the motivation of managers to compete in the market.
- Grabbing a piece of the action. Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;12/17/2004, Issue 5419, p9
The article presents discussion on new developments in home furnishing industry. Five of biggest franchisees of DP Furniture Express, a furniture company, have opted to go it alone. Company's chief executive officer John Marshall's plans, made public in September 2004, to franchise 90% of his...
- Plants unite Victorian industry. // Australian Horticulture;Mar2005, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p68
Reports on the GardenStyle Plant Collection promotion launched by the Nursery & Garden Industry Victoria. Remarks from John Marshall, chairman of Tree and Shrub Growers of Victoria, on the people who are involved in the promotion; Number of retail garden centres that will display the collection...
- Talk. // Cabinet Maker;9/2/2005, Issue 5454, p9
Provides the views of several executives in the furniture industry on the recent promotional bargain of Harveys Furnishings Group PLC in Great Britain. Statement of Furnitureland joint managing director Steve Adams on the impact of the promotions on the industry; Arguments of B&R Carpets &...
- 'I refuse to be a victim'. Marshall, John // Cabinet Maker;12/9/2005, Issue 5468, p8
The article presents the views of John Marshall, founder of DP Furniture Express, on the company's problems and the latest developments regarding management buyouts. He the company from a used furniture store into Great Britain's 10th biggest furniture retailer. The company had to go into...
- Founder back in control at DP Furniture Express. // Cabinet Maker;4/20/2004, Issue 5386, p3
Reports on the reappointment of John Marshall as the chief executive officer of DP Furniture Express. Responsibilities of Marshall in his new position; Expectations of Marshall in leading the team of directors in all operational aspects of the business; Plans of Marshall for the company.