- Poor Web security breaks law. Doyle, Eric // Computer Weekly;5/23/2002, p6
Reports on the occurrence of breach of data protection laws of companies with Web site services in Great Britain.
- Are you falling foul of data protection law? // Marketing Week;10/25/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p39
Reports the implementation of the Data Protection Act 1998 in Great Britain. Provision of protection to Internet consumers; Issue over Web site privacy; Need for data-protection audit by Web site operators.
- PREGUNTAS con RESPUESTA. // MK - Marketing mÃ¡s Ventas;May2010, Vol. 24 Issue 257, p65
No abstract available.
- Web analytics needs best-practice guidelines. // Marketing Week;5/27/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p27
Reports on the requirement of a code of practice to cover privacy issues and to professionalize the Website analytics industry in Great Britain. Development of the industry for measuring Website traffic; Use of small text files on a user's browser and hard drive; Lack of adherence of some...
- Links effect. Burd, Michael; Davies, James; Crush, Peter // Management Today;May2001, p23
Assesses the legitimacy of information sharing in web sites in Europe. Information laws in Great Britain; Regulations threatening privacy intrusion; German policies protecting database investments.
- FreePint Publishes Data-Protection Report Online. // Information Today;Jan2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p2
FreePint has published a new report, Data Protection for Websites and Intranets, by Paul Pedley. The report is essential reading for anyone working with electronic information as its explains how data-protection laws specifically deal with Web sites, intranets and online services. New European...
- The blogger as journalist under UK law. Flanagan, Anne // Communications Law: Journal of Computer, Media & Telecommunicati;2005, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p125
The article discusses legal implications related to blogging in Great Britain. A weblog is defined by Wikipedia, an online encyclopedia, as a web application, which contains periodic time-stamped posts on a common webpage. Blogs appear in different forms and vary from different topics. Although...
- Are your privates exposed? Gauvin, Marty // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jul2005, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p22
This article reports that some Web site operators don't know their own Web site privacy policies. Cutting and pasting a policy from another site is an easy option, and many Web site owners are oblivious to how easily personal information can be leaked. It can come down to simple mistakes by a...
- Data protection. Aikin, Olga // People Management;2/5/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p20
Presents highlights of a data protection bill in Great Britain focusing on its implications on information gathering and record-keeping. Files covered; Prohibition on collection of sensitive information; Personal access to files; Exceptions for disclosure; Provision for automated employment...