Canadian farmers seek compensation for "genetic pollution"
- Turkish Government Forms New Regulation on Genetically-Modified Food. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;8/9/2010, p76
The article offers information about a regulation concerning genetically-modified food, organisms, and products in Turkey.
- Proponents concede Oregon GMO label vote. COOPER, JONATHAN J. // Farm & Dairy;12/25/2014, Vol. 101 Issue 14, pA2
The article reports that the Proponents of the Yes on 92 campaign which requires labels on genetically modified foods in Oregon concealed defeat on December 11, 2014 after a judge ruled against them.
- European GMO labeling thresholds impractical and unscientific. Weighardt, Florian // Nature Biotechnology;Jan2006, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p23
A letter to the editor on the implementation of the European regulatory requirements for labeling food and feed products containing ingredients from genetically modified organisms is presented.
- Maine Votes for GMO Labeling. // Certified Organic;Spring2014, p9
The article focuses on an Act to Protect Maine Food Consumers' Right to Know about Genetically Engineered Food, passed through Maine legislature in 2013.
- Hungary Destroys All Monsanto GMO Corn Fields. // Gerson Healing Newsletter;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p6
The article presents a reprint of the article "Hungary Destroys All Monsanto GMO Corn Fields", which was published in August of 2011 and was concerned with the Hungarian government's decision to destroy all corn fields that were grown with seeds that contained genetically modified organisms.
- India Files Biopiracy Lawsuit Against Monsanto Says Biotech Giant Is Stealing Nature for Corporate Gain. Benson, Jonathan // Gerson Healing Newsletter;Nov/Dec2011, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on a 2011 decision which the government of India made to sue the chemical firm Monsanto for biopiracy. In its lawsuit the government accuses Monsanto of stealing India's indigenous plants in order to re-engineer them into patented varieties with the use of genetically...
- Food Fight! IMHOFF, DANIEL // E: The Environmental Magazine;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p20
The article offers information on the effectiveness of the labeling initiative in protecting consumers from products that contain genetically modified organisms (GMO) in California. If the GMO initiative would be approved, food manufacturers would be forced to reveal items that contain GMO...
- India Balks at Genetically Modified Crops. Kinetz, Erika // India -- West;2/19/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 13, pA38
The article reports on the suspension of commercializing the genetically engineered eggplant, called Bt brinjal, by the Minister of State for Environment and Forest Jairam Ramesh in India.
- California Voters Reject Prop 37. // GeneWatch;Oct/Nov2012, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p33
The article reports on the failure of the California ballot initiative known as Proposition 37 in the 2013 election.