FPA 2002 HIGHLIGHTS
- The Cat's Meow. Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p87
Presents information on the decision of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) regarding its membership division in the U.S. Membership requirement of the organization; Difference of the FPA with other allied professional organizations; Reason of the FPA staff for lobbying to broaden the...
- Why I'm Leaving the FPA. Edelman, Ric // Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p112
Presents views on the decision of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) regarding its membership qualification in the U.S. Impact of the decision of the FPA on financial planners; Criticisms on the decision of the FPA; Importance of a Certified Financial Planning designation to become a...
- Bedel, Diesslin Elected To CFP Board. Marer, Eva // Financial Planning;Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p16
Reports on the election of representatives for the Certified Financial Planner Board of Governors in the United States. Appointed candidates; Defeated candidates; Significant factors in the election.
- Blueprints for a Profession. Jones, Nancy Langdon // Financial Planning;Sep2002, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p126
Focuses on the importance of formal internship program to certified financial planners in the U.S. Role of the Certified Financial Planner Board in reviewing internship agreements; Benefits of internships to the firm offering them. INSET: Internship Example.
- FPA Board Votes to Change Membership Structure. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p18
This article presents the changes to the membership structure of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in the U.S. as was decided by the FPA board of directors on November 7, 2002. The board has decided to eliminate membership divisions. In its place are two new categories for individual...
- FPA Local Chapters and Contacts. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p40
This article presents a directory of administrators to the local chapters of the Financial Planning Association in the U.S. as of December 2002.
- LOOKING BACK: Creating a Magazine, a College, and an Association, All at the Same Time. Black, Pam // Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p48
Traces the history of the inception of the "Financial Planning" magazine. Foundation of the magazine by Loren Dunton, an author of books on finance and selling; Establishment of the College for Financial Planning and the Association of Financial Planners in the U.S.; Comparison of the working...
- CDFM Certification Renewals Ongoing---and a Bit of Bad News for Some CDFMs. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Winter2004, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p43
Presents an advisory from the American Society of Military Comptrollers on the progress of Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) certification renewals as of January 2004. Reason behind the inactivation of CDFM designation; Information on CDFM designation reinstatement.
- PFP BRIEFS. // Accounting Today;2/21/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p18
Presents news briefs on the financial planning industry in the U.S. as of February 2005. Amount of grant received by the Financial Planning Association from the Foundation for Financial Planning; Increase in median earning of certified financial planners; Percentage of investable assets that...