FPA Board Votes to Change Membership Structure
- How to revive dying service clubs. Guy, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/31/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p11
The article argues on how to recreate the good quality performance of service clubs in the U.S. including the election of younger leaders, making membership recruitment the important goal of district and regional leaders, and hiring of national executive director.
- Edgewood Lions Club seeks broader membership base. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);10/5/2006, Vol. 99 Issue 40, p2
The article focuses on the efforts made by the Edgewood Lion's Club in Texas to revitalize its organization. The group plans to create a Leo club for high school students. Their main objective is to raise money for college scholarships by serving food at booths during local festival events. The...
- The Cat's Meow. Clark, Bob // Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p87
Presents information on the decision of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) regarding its membership division in the U.S. Membership requirement of the organization; Difference of the FPA with other allied professional organizations; Reason of the FPA staff for lobbying to broaden the...
- Why I'm Leaving the FPA. Edelman, Ric // Financial Planning;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p112
Presents views on the decision of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) regarding its membership qualification in the U.S. Impact of the decision of the FPA on financial planners; Criticisms on the decision of the FPA; Importance of a Certified Financial Planning designation to become a...
- Bedel, Diesslin Elected To CFP Board. Marer, Eva // Financial Planning;Dec99, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p16
Reports on the election of representatives for the Certified Financial Planner Board of Governors in the United States. Appointed candidates; Defeated candidates; Significant factors in the election.
- This Should Be Your Year! Rawson, Randy // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 76, p2
Discusses the benefits of being a member of the American Boiler Manufacturers Association in the U.S. Access to information and updates on the industry; Role as a medium of social and political advocacy; Information on the revision of the mission statement of the association in 2004.
- What We Do For You. Solomon, Frank // Policy & Practice (19426828);Oct2008, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p5
The author discusses developments and plans of the American Public Human Services Association (APHSA). These include the continuous effort of the organization in bridging the gap between the federal and state regulatory measures on best practices concerning child welfare programs. Meanwhile,...
- It pays to belong. Martin, Troy E. // Health Facilities Management;Jan2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p33
A letter from the president of the American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) is presented. It expresses the author's views on being the president of ASHE. It commends ASHE for its efforts and contributions to provide safe and healthy physical environment for patients. It also urges...
- THE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNANCE CORNER. Sutton, Ernest R. // Trustee;Apr2005, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p4
Presents information on the Center for Healthcare Governance in the U.S. Benefits of membership in the organization; Goal of the Center; Membership structure.