Gorbachev tries the family farm
- The changing nature of world agriculture. Vocke, Gary // National Food Review;Apr-Jun90, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on changes made in world agriculture. Factors transforming commercial agriculture; How fluctuation affects transformation; Effect of changing economic conditions on productivity and consumption; Detailed information on world grain supplies, and other issues pertaining to topic.
- Working in the global food system: a focus for international comparative analysis Jarosz, Lucy // Progress in Human Geography;Mar1996, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p41
No abstract available.
- More mulched tomatoes from a spritz? // Organic Gardening (08973792);Mar92, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p20
Dicusses how recent research reported in `Hortideas' found that watering tomato plants with seltzer water and using black plastic mulch can enhance crop yields. Yields were nine percent higher than mulched plants watered with regular water in thefirst year; Home gardeners eager to consider the...
- Seed savers alert: Plan now to save later! Ashworth, S. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Mar92, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p37
Discusses that if you do a few things now, the seed you will save this fall won't sprout into an unwanted garden surprise next season and gardeners will be able to save rare vegetables from extinction. Open-pollinated varieties will produce seedsthat will grow up to be just like their parents;...
- Harvest super salads from small spaces. Weinsteiger, E. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Mar92, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p40
Discusses ways home gardeners can grow a variety of salad vegetables by following a few of the steps used by the Rodale Institute Research Center. For color, fragrance and texture, mix vegetables with edible flowers and herbs; Include a few cropsthat will produce over a long period (like chard,...
- Rainforesting by Rodale. Damsker, Matt // Organic Gardening (08973792);May/Jun92, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p19
Looks at Centro Maya, and its ambitious aim to increase food production, protect a major rain forest and create an ecotourist center in the heart of Guatemala. The 13,845-square mile Peten region on northern Guatemala; Rich in rainforests, wildlife, and archaeological treasures; How soon the...
- Solutions. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Nov96, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p18
No abstract available.
- Gender, utilitarianism and Poland. Bellows, Anne Camilla // WE International;Spring/Summer98, Issue 44/45, p36
Examines urban agriculture patterns in Poland. Predominance of women in subsistence farming areas; Contribution of urban agriculture to the country; Background information on Poland in relation to agriculture.
- Clipped wings? // African Business;Nov96, Issue 215, p24
Reports on the problems of the agricultural sector in Nigeria. Corruption as a problem affecting the fertilizer supply; Problems encountered by poultry producers; Comment on the agricultural problem by the Nigerian-British Chamber of Commerce.
- Significant books on agricultural history published in 1996. Rogers, Earl M.; Rogers, Susan H. // Agricultural History;Fall97, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p491
Presents a listing of books published in 1996 on agricultural history.