Real estate sampler
- Property. Moloney, Bernadette // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p97
States that although Asia Pacific for 1995 saw one of the largest ever property deals, office space shortages and high rent and land prices were the features of property markets during the year. Details of Indonesian/Thai/Malaysian consortium; Comments by researcher, David Jackson. INSET: How...
- Property values reflect rebound. Fine, Howard // Orange County Business Journal;07/28/97, Vol. 20 Issue 30, p9
Reports that assessed property values in Orange County, California, rose to $178 billion as of July 1997. What influenced the increase in assessed values; How has the sale of residential and commercial developments affected the assessed property values; Speculation that the construction of new...
- All in the Family. Simone, Christina // Country Living;Aug2005, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p72
No abstract available.
- Eminent domain. Ingersoll, J.H. // Country Living;Aug91, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p130
Advises home- and landowners on what happens when their property is seized by the government. Understanding the process of eminent domain; Owners' rights; What to expect; How to respond.
- Property and necessity. Epstein, Richard A. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Winter90, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p2
Seeks to understand the United States system of private property and the notion of necessity. Property rights; Power of property; Disposition; Standard common-law doctrines; Property and its principled necessity limitations.
- The (unlikely death) of property. Krier, James E. // Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy;Winter90, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p75
Argues that regulation and property are allies and enemies alike, and will remain so. Perceived `death of property' for having lost its distinctive characteristics; Property continuing to serve as a vital symbol of appropriate relationships between the individual and state.
- Crying poor mouth on behalf of rats. McCrea, C.H. // Las Vegas Business Press;3/13/95, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p4
Editorial. Criticizes Democrat opposition to a Republican-sponsored bill that would force the federal government to compensate property owners when government action substantially reduces the value of their property. Lack of merit of the Democratic party's arguments; Specific examples of...
- In Las Vegas, upscaling is still about value. Jackson, Hugh // Las Vegas Business Press;10/20/97, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p30
Focuses on the discussion in the World Gaming Congress and Expo regarding the trend toward upscaling Las Vegas, Nevada properties. Factors prompting the discussion; Average number of visitors attracted per year; Impact of increasing demand for quality on the upward trend of products and...
- Property passing under settlement was deductible. // Practical Accountant;Oct97, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p22
Provides information on property passing. Details on the passing of property to a surviving spouse.