Face stress: Use it, lose it, live with it
Tags: STRESS (Psychology)
- Perceived stress reduction in urban public gardens. Bennett, Ellen Sullivan; Swasey, James E. // American Nurseryman;07/01/96, Vol. 184 Issue 1, p76
Examines the correlation between natural environments and stress reduction. Perceived stress levels of visitors to two public gardens; Factors that contribute to urban stress.
- Stressbusters! Reid-Dove, A.; Edelman, R. // Black Enterprise;Jul88, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p59
Tells what to do when you're feeling tense from the daily grind--exercise, leave business at the office, start a hobby, get a massage. INSET: Working it out..
- Stress in the workplace. Evans, T. // Black Enterprise;Sep90, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p77
Offers advice on how to measure and manage stress. Impact of stress; How it affects the body; Workplace stress faced by blacks; How employers help workers deal with stress; Practical suggestions for coping with stress.
- Reacting to stress--the wrong way. Johnson, R.T.; Boring, M.D. // Current Health 2;Oct88, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
Discusses inappropriate reactions to stress, and the right ways to deal with stress. Reckless driving; Drugs; Relationships.
- Handling stress. // Current Health 2;Oct92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p7
Offers advice on handling stress. Discusses stress management techniques such as biofeedback, meditation, visualization, modification of lifestyle, exercise, laughter and a positive attitude. How stress impacts the body, particularly the immune system; Psychoneuroimmunology; Benefits of...
- What stresses you? // Current Health 2;Oct92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p9
Discusses the things that stress out young people. Recent Gallup Survey results; Recent `Seventeen' magazine survey; Dr. Bettie B. Young's book `Stress in Children'; Life Stress Inventory of the top stressors of young people, developed by Drs. Thomas Holmes and Richard Rahe; Teens' concern...
- Write all about it! // Current Health 1;May91, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p17
Reports that writing about stress can help relieve it according to a study at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Tex.
- `Tis the season to fall apart. Smith, M.d'A. // Cosmopolitan;Dec89, Vol. 207 Issue 6, p104
Examines the anxiety and hysteria leading up to the Christmas season. Physical symptoms; Survival fantasies.
- Ten on-the-job stressors--& how to beat them. Dumas, L.S. // Cosmopolitan;Mar1990, Vol. 208 Issue 3, p210
Explains job-related stress and provides solutions. Responsibility without commensurate authority; Last-minute madness; Lack of proper guidance or training; Perfectionism; Vague job description; Others.